24. A SILENT CRY

24. A SILENT CRY

third person
PERSPECTIVE

CHANDLER HESITATES BEFORE entering Valerie's room. Guilt was swarming in his body, he thought he was doing his sister her favour, when in reality, he damaged her fragile body image to the extent it can't be recovered.

He glanced at the bag of makeup he took from her room. Regret was something he has feeling a lot lately since he entered Windsor Academy. Instead of sticking by his sister's side through thick and thin, he chose to defend others over her.

Chandler places the cosmetics back on her dressing table. He saw the way Ben treated his sister, it was as if he didn't want to be next to her. He clenches his fists tightly, he hated how the world treated his sister. How could people be so shallow? Is she disturbing their peace? All she is doing is minding her business yet they treat her like she's an outcast.

"I thought you were different Bentley." Chandler murmurs, stacking the last piece of makeup. She doesn't need it, she's beautiful without it. He walks out of the room, slamming the door shut, it bothered him how fast people change attitudes when it comes to looks. He never experienced being outcasted for how he looked but whenever Valerie did, she'd always smile and say it was okay and how it was her fault people treated her worse.

Why does his sister have to experience all the worst things in life? Why do people pick on her relentlessly?

Chandler feels something rough collide against his shoulder. He stumbled back, only to see Vincent glancing down at him. Instead of apologising for being in the way, Chandler ignores him. He's the whole reason why Valerie had to involve herself in Silvia's stupid task.

"So you're going to ignore me?"

Chandler clenches his fists, he didn't want to deal with Vincent right now.

"Fine. I'll tell your sister how you stole her makeup."

Chandler froze.

He turns around immediately. "What are you talking about?"

Vincent raises his eyebrows. "Are you playing dumb on purpose? It seems like it." he leans closer, pushing Chandler on to the ice cold wall. Chandler's head collides against the pale blue walls, the guilt was echoing in his mind and he couldn't stop it.

"Your sister struggled leaving the house today. I think it took... an hour for her to leave." Chandler couldn't help but close his eyes, he didn't want to feel the moral strain Vincent was forcing him to feel.

"Shut up." Chandler yells, struggling under Vincent's tight hold. "I didn't mean it, I just wanted her to know that she doesn't need anything to leave the house."

Vincent nods his head. "You're a horrible person, you know that Chandler?"

"What?"

"All you seem to think about is yourself and how you would approach a situation. Doesn't it ever occur to you that you're being selfish?" Chandler felt like crying. Every single thing coming out of his mouth felt like bullets of truth.

"You're not the only person who walked outside today. I followed behind to see how Valerie was, only to see that worker at that cosmetics store treat her horribly and your friend Bentley? He looked at her in disgust, you really have an eye for picking friends don't you?"

"I admit that Bentley isn't a good friend. But I'm not selfish. I was just looking out for my sister—"

Vincent tightens his holds, clenching his jaw. "How many times are you going to deny it? At first I was going to ignore your mistakes but now you're starting to get on my nerves. You're acting like a piece of trash, go pick yourself up and change your attitude before I tell your sister what you did." he pushes Chandler away, walking away casually as if he didn't hurt him.