26. VINCENT'S CARING SIDE

previously: Valerie becomes friends with Zenith after helping him but only to find out what exactly happened to Vincent. Vincent noticed Valerie coming out of Zenith's car but seems to act calm as he notices Zenith right beside her.

 Vincent noticed Valerie coming out of Zenith's car but seems to act calm as he notices Zenith right beside her

26 : Vincent's caring side

first person.
VALERIE

VINCENT HAD KNOCKED ON the window. It was hard to look him in the eyes without my heart beating extra hard. I pulled the door handle and found myself struggling to even step outside because of the sprain on my ankle.

Until, Vincent clutched on to my wrist with slight confusion. "What's wrong with you?" I could hear the concern in his voice as he helped me out of the car. I just didn't want to delude myself into thinking that we could ever be more than friends. The moment his mother finds out I like him, I'm sure she'll kick both me and Chandler out.

"I accidentally fell down when helping Zenith with something."

"And what was he doing when that happened?" Vincent says with slight contempt towards Zen.

"I helped her," Zen murmurs, but Vincent looked rather unconvinced.

"Sure. If you did she would be at the hospital right now." Vincent says before leaning down. There's no way he's going to tell me to get on his back. "Hurry up, Valerie. We need to go now." Vincent says causally.

"I appreciate it but it's really not that serious." I wave my hands dismissively. But a part of me wanted to get on his back just to feel his body. What are you even thinking? I coughed awkwardly before turning my head away.

"I think you should get it checked." Zen says. Seriously, he had one job and that was to drive off when he dropped me home.

"For once I agree with him." Vincent stood up before slinging his arm around my waist. "I'll call my private doctor and we can see what happened. There's no need for you now." He looked at Zen before focusing on me.

But I couldn't concentrate on what Vincent was saying because of his touch. How could he just hold me without thinking? It's probably because he doesn't see me romantically and more like a little sister. That's the only way that he's able to treat me like this.

"Bye Zen. Let's hang out soon." I wave at Zen who nodded his head at me before driving off.

"Hang out— with him?" Vincent looks at me with concern. "The injury must've reached your head. We need to get you inside quick before you experience more symptoms." Despite his words, Vincent gently guided me towards the apartment complex, making sure he was at the same pace as me.

"You really don't need to call the doctor, I'll just use some ice for the swelling and it will be better by tomorrow. Speaking of that, do you have any frozen peas?" I ask him, he has a couple of fridges, he must have a lot of things.

Vincent looks at me with disappointment. "This isn't something you should leave overnight, it could get worse." He continues to walk over to his fridge to get out a frozen ice pack. "Use this temporarily, don't bother denying a doctor because I already texted her on our way here."

I take the ice pack from him and take a seat on the sofa. "It's really not the end of the world if I don't get diagnosed, I've sprained my ankle before."

Vincent leaned down on his knees before snatching the ice pack from me. "What—" he looks at me with sad eyes, as if he pitied me. I didn't deserve his pity but the way he looked at me made me feel like I deserved all his attention.

He gently pressed the ice pack on my ankle and couldn't help but groan in pain. "I'm sorry." he says without hesitation. For some reason I felt jealous of whoever would get him as a boyfriend, he was too gentle and caring. If I could just like him wholeheartedly I would do anything but I knew it was impossible.

"I wish my mother found you and your brother earlier. Then you would've have to suffer all these years." Vincent murmurs as he looks up at me with sorrowful eyes. "Things like getting a doctor for ankle sprains are important, to think you weren't able to get one makes me feel mad." He continues, pressing the ice pack. "Healthcare should never be a luxury or a second option. If it were possible I would've helped you all those times you got hurt."

"Vincent..."

"So don't tell me you don't need a doctor, Valerie. You deserve a doctor and you will always get help from me. Don't ever think of yourself as a second option and wait for the pain of anything to subside. Because I won't let you be in pain for long periods of times, because I will always find a way for you to feel better." Vincent smiles at me, it was rare to receive a smile from him, and this moment made me want to hold him tightly and thank him for caring about someone like me.

"They really are lucky." I murmur, slightly dazed by his pretty smile.

"Who?" Vincent questions.

"The person you end up with." I blurt out without thought. The atmosphere in the rooms seems to shift as Vincent looks at me in silence but for some reason his ears were red. However, before he could respond, the intercom to the apartment rings.

Hope you're all well :) here's an update!