16. PERFECTION

16 : PERFECTION

16 : PERFECTION

first person
VALERIE

MY HEART POUNDS loudly. All I could think about was the new environment filled with five other competitive people. How could I withstand in Class Zero when I obtained extra help from Vincent. I know for sure, Vincent won't help me again, from now on I'm all on my own. I have to study all by myself.

"Are you just going to stand there?"

Atlas leans against the wall, his arms crossed in a sophisticated manner, showing off his priceless wristwatch. It irks me how he doesn't realise that he could live his life with just his beauty. His ethereal looks were just enough to allure any spectator,

"Just nervous."

"Nervous doesn't work around here. You either study or drop out of this class." he's back to his typical self. All that talk about my determinism being pretty has gone down the drain. Atlas will always remain cold and ignorant of the impact of his words.

My eyes fall on his dark hair. It was styled to perfection, not a single hair out of place. Bizarre for someone who says he doesn't care about how others look. I struggle to believe that Atlas doesn't care about how a person looks, he just reminds me of an individual who would pick and choose any girl he wants.

"Are you even listening to me?" Atlas queries, snapping me out of my trance. His eyes were concentrated on the large blue hair tie around my wrist.

Atlas proceeds to stare at my large blue hair tie, just like Zenith did. I remove the blue hair tie, pulling my hair up to tie it into a high ponytail. But Atlas halts me, his eyes seemed to flash for a moment as he gazed at my neck. Just like Zenith, he noticed my heart-shaped birthmark.

"W-" before Atlas could talk, the school bell interrupts him.

"Time for class, I guess." that's all I say before continuing to tie my hair into a high ponytail. It's confusing, Atlas seemed to recognise me but how? How does he know me? Has he seen me before like Zenith? Zenith also has seen me, but I've never seen him.

"No."

"No?" I mumble.

Atlas blocks my path. "Do you know her?"

His comment causes my body to stiffen.

"Know who?"

"Viscaria." the mention of the nickname I made to run track causes a vast range of memories to flash before my mind. I didn't use my real name because I wished for to feel different, I wanted to be known as someone different. Running was something that I was good at, it didn't deserve to be associated with my name. The name that was plagued with insults. I just wanted a change but after my parents death, I gave up on running and that ruined the existence of the name Viscaria.