1. DREAMS AND DESIRES

01 : dreams and desires

first person.
VALERIE

A DEAL TO spy on a rich kid for four thousand dollars a week is insane. The idea of earning sixteen thousand a month and then a hundred and ninety two thousand a year is unbelievable. Silvia is also providing my brother and I with a penthouse suite and two of her company cars. What does this woman do for a living?

"Four thousand," Chandler says in awe as he glanced at the keys in his hand. "For doing nothing." Of course that idiot is happy, he doesn't have to do any dirty work. Meanwhile I'll have to waste my time reporting back to a nosey rich woman about a boy she is interested in.

Atlas. Who on earth names their kid that? Map boy sounds like a fitting term for him.

"Don't get too excited, this all still sounds a little suspicious." I murmur, glancing at Silvia who sat inside her expensive convertible. She drove us to a shop get our uniform fitted and she even offered to drive us to school to get the infamous Windsor Academy tour. It was strange how she wanted to be a part of our lives; Is this really just a favour for my mother? Who even considers the favour of a dead person? Most people in this selfish world just ignore the term favour.

"It feels so weird having money, I'm so used to being broke," Chandler says, glancing at me in horror. "Do you know what that means? I can't tell people I'm broke as a joke anymore."

"Being broke isn't a personality trait Chandler."

"For me it was." he exclaims.

Even though Silvia seems suspicious, she did get rid of future financial issues for us. At least I'll be able to study properly instead of having multiple side jobs to pay for bills. People at school won't be able to belittle us for being scholarship students as Silvia paid for our school.