Chapter 4

Zach's POV

I look at Valerie confused about this whole One Direction situation so since we stood close and far from Carolina she started to whisper.

"I didn't want to tell you this but I wasn't going to keep it from you either" she begins "last summer Carolina kissed Harry and even though they both say they were drunk and didn't know what they were doing I just don't buy it."

"What

"And sure Harry has dated other people since-"

"Isn't her younger too?" I interrupt

"Yeah but I don't know, I met him back in July and something about him and the way he looked at her felt so wrong"

"Babe you're overthinking this. I mean he knows she's happily engaged by now I'm sure. So don't worry about it, and who Carolina decides to be friends with"

"But she's our friend and we should worry about each other you know"

"Talk to her" I tell Valerie stroking her cheek

We then stop talking and I look over at Carolina typing away on her phone. Then there's another knock on the door and a voice we all recognized.

"M-i-k-e has arrived" we all hear Michael yell coming into the kitchen "I bare gifts" her says placing a bottle on the table

"Malibu?" Cameron asks

"Yup"

"You know the girls don't like that" I say

"Why don't we just play some beer pong" Gen then suggests

"We have no beer though" Val says

"Then let's go get some beer and maybe play some quidditch pong?" I smile

"You still have the hoops?" Taylor asks

"In my car, we'll be right back"

Valerie slips on a sweater and we head over to the nearest liquor store.

---

We make our purchases quickly and head back in to the house and I don't know why but I start to sing 'Hey Princess' to myself but before you know it Val joins me. Not only does she sing a long but she jams out until I'm done singing.

She looks embarrassed as I park but I turn to her and say "and that's why I love you" before giving her a kiss and opening my door and running over to open hers.

Michael meets us outside and helps us get out the three hoops, along with the beer.

"Ready so start this game?" I say walking I with the beer

"Ok but who's on whose team?" Nani says leaning on Taylor

"I have no partner so I'll judge" Gen offers

"No Michael is here now, play with him and I'll be out" Carolina says

"I'll sit our babe" Val then says "you know I'm a very bad partner at regular beer pong anyways"

"You sure?" I ask

"Yeah go ahead and play with Genesis" she tells me

I don't question her and help set up the game for the eight of us to play. The whole time I feel Valerie's stare on me.

---

Valerie's POV

I'm not sure Zach even realized it was the first time he ever told me he loved me back in the car but u kept it to myself. For some reason I felt our relationship becoming unstable again. So I decided to let him go ahead and partner up with Genesis for this drinking game observing them. I mean they acted like everyone else did; friendly but I don't know I felt like their stares would hold longer than they should.