Chapter 17

Estefania's POV

"You sure you're okay?" Taylor asks grabbing my arm

"I don't need your help, I can walk alone"

I say moving away from his hold but right as I did I felt week. Taylor's arms wrapped around my waist quickly and sat me back down on the bed.

"Have a nurse walk around with you babe, your arm brace is making you unbalanced"

"You think?" I ask

"Mhh, very Jenna from Awkward." He laughs

"Oh shush"

"Well I gotta go but I'll be back later"

"Okay"

He kisses my forehead before he stops at the door "and you talked to the detective already right?"

"Yes, he's with Laura right now"

"So she's better now?" he asks

"Yes, now go. I don't want you to be late"

Taylor waves one last time at me before leaving and he left me wondering how Laura really was. Carolina spoke with me about what happened to her and I couldn't believe it till I saw a heart broken Cameron telling it to me as well. I can't imagine being in her position right now.

It's been two days since the accident and we barely have a detective filling our reports on the crash that was all an accident. After Zach's party we had all forgotten that an order of supplies was going to come in at midnight so when we were arriving to the bakery the last thing we expected was to get hit by the delivery truck. I'm just glad we were all finally free to go home tonight.

Minutes passed and I was going crazy.

"You rang?" my nurse Jesse came in asking

"I did, do you think you can take to Laura's room?"

"Of course, I was just with her" he smiled

"Really?" I asked curious "how is she?"

"Better" he said helping me from the bed

I leaned most of my body on him as we walked down the hall a few steps over to a wheel chair.

"Oh no." I complain

"Just for today, you can walk out tonight" he tells me

"Well- alright" I say sitting down

A quick trip down the hall and I was wheeled into Laura's room where she sat by the window. I haven't seen her since the car accident and right away I could see the pain in her eyes when she turned around to look at me.

"I got it from here" I say looking up at Jesse

"Okay, just ring if you need me"

I wait for the boy to walk out before trying to stand to walk over to Laura, somehow I find the strength to make it to her bed and sit on it.

"Hey" she says looking back out the window.

"How did the interview go with the detective?"

"Fine, I really couldn't really remember anything."

"Must have been the impact, your air bag didn't go off"

"It didn't?..." she sighs "well even if it did, it wouldn't change a thing"

I look at her confused not wanting to bring up her loss.

"You know don't you?" she adds

I don't meet her eyes and nod.