Chapter 23

Taylor's POV

I had to admit I was nervous. My family got here last night and couldn't stop talking about meeting Estefania tonight. It's Christmas Eve and it felt super weird to have my whole family in here and my mom waking everyone up early so we can have breakfast together.

"So what are you giving her?" I hear my little sister Makena ask me

"You'll see" I smile at her

"It better be something nice Taylor, you've been with this girl longer than anybody else. You don't wanna ruin anything-"

"Trust me my gift is perfect, you guys might be the thing that scares her away" I laugh cutting off my mom

"Don't be mea!" Makena says "I'll be nice to her"

I go hug my little sister and say "you'll love her"

"What time will you bring her over?" my dad asks

"At six"

"And will she stay the whole night?"

"No, I have to take her back to her place before midnight since she wants to spend time with her friends"

"Awe okay. I'll start working on the meal then"

"Don't worry about that mom" I say

"Shh, when was the last time I cooked for you?"

"Okay okay"

***

I was finally on my way to pick up Estefania with the biggest smile on my face. She called me moments before I was coming cuz she didn't know if what she was wearing was appropriate enough to meet my family; silly girl she looked beautiful in anything.

I walked up to the door and knock on it gently before someone opens it quickly. I was taken back when a guy opens the door instead of the girls.

"Hey you must be Taylor" the tall guy said extending his hand "I'm Ethan, Laura's brother"

Oh hey nice to meet you" I say shaking it.

His grip was a strong one almost challenging but I ignore it looking behind his shoulder.

"My bad, come in. Estefania's waiting for you"

"Awesome thanks"

I walk in behind him and head straight towards her room.

"Where are you going?" I hear Ethan ask

"To Estefania's room..."

"I don't think that's okay"

"Ethan stop!" Laura yells "he's her boyfriend and he can do whatever he wants."

I don't say anything and continue walking over to Nani's room and knock on the door.

"Come in" she says

Opening the door I find her sitting down on her bed trying to slip onto tome silver heels.

"Is the red too typical?" she asks getting up and pulling down a long sleeve but short red lace dress.

"You look amazing"

"You didn't answer my question!"

"It's Christmas Eve red is in"

"See it's typical! Let me go change!"

I let out a laugh as she darts out of the room to her huge closet. Seconds later I'm surprised to see change into a black dress with studs at the top with matching black pumps.