Chapter 22

Joe’s POV

“Are you sure you don’t want to go?” I hear Gen ask me again from the foot of the bed.

“I’m sure”

“I’m going to miss you” she smiles

I pull her by the arm up to me and smirk “I’ll miss you too”

Her eyes meet mine for a second before I push her up to my chest and give her a long lingering kiss. I feel her hands run through my hair deepening the kiss and before I can take things further there’s a knock on the door. I roll my eyes and pull away; no fucking privacy.

“Yeah” I say

“Can I come in?” I hear Carolina ask

“Sure” I answer moving Genesis off me

Soon I see my brothers fiancé walk into my room with a huge smile on her face.

“Oh yay y’all are almost done packing” she claps

“Well I am” Gen says

“You’re not coming Joe?”

“No I’m going to Dallas with my family”

“Oh okay” she frowns “I’ll see you up there as well”

“Cool”

“Alright well I was checking up on you guys, I’ll leave you two alone” she waves

“Do you want to go get something to eat before I go?” hear Gen ask me

“Sure babe, let me get dressed”

I get up from the bed and head into the bathroom to change into a grey t-shirt and hoodie; I really didn’t feel like getting out of my sweatpants today. Even though it’s December there was only a light breeze out. Coming back into the room I see my girlfriend trying to close her suitcase and I let out a laugh.

“Let me help you”

Gen giggles and sits on top of her suitcase as I zip up both ends together.

“There”

“Thanks” she says with a kiss

“Do you want to go to Lucianos?” I ask

“Yeah, pasta sounds good.”

“Let’s go”

I let her walk ahead of me down the hall where Nick was already carrying his and Carolina’s luggage.

“Need some help?” Gen asks

“Oh no I’m fine.” Nick assures “do you?”

“Later, we’re gonna go eat real quick”

“Oh that’s close, mind if we join you?”

“Not at all! Come with us” Gen answers

Really? She was always answering for us without asking for my opinion first. All I wanted was for us to eat lunch together alone.

“Awesome, I’ll go get Carolina”

Nick leaves his stuff at the foot of the staircase as we finish going downstairs.

“I know what you’re thinking” Gen says as we reach the front door “but we can’t spend all our time alone”

I see her look down not meeting my eyes; she knew me well but even then tried to stand up for herself.

“I just want to spend our last day together”

“Yes, I’m sorry”

“Don’t do that again” I whisper “here you’re driving” I say handing her my keys