48

The break-up with San was already a week ago.

Wooyoung stopped going to school. He told his mom he wasn't feeling well and she believed it.

He knew it was his fault that San left him, but still it hurt. Nevertheless, it was for the better. He would just endure the pain until it was gone.

But it seemed to get heavier with every day that passed by.

Wooyoung's mom got worried and tried to talk to her son, but he would just stomp to his room and lock the door, so that no one was able to come in.

The first week, he just wanted to be alone. He refused talking to anyone and put his phone on airplane mode, so he didn't have to answer his friends who sent him worried messages because he seemed to just have disappeared without any reason.

On the eighth day though, Wooyoung had enough from being alone. The walls of his room seemed to crush him while his heart slowly fell apart.

Wooyoung couldn't take it any longer. He had to do something to hold back the pain.

So, he decided to leave his house at night, being careful that his mom didn't wake up, and went drinking.

Actually, he didn't like parties or anything that involved many people and alcohol or drugs. Especially, after the incident on Yunho's party he swore himself to not join a party ever again.

But this was an emergency.

Also, it wasn't a party, but a bar nearby that google recommended him.

Going to this bar at night had become a kind of tradition to Wooyoung. He was there every single night, sitting at the counter, drinking and staring into space.

Other people around him assumed that he was deeply thinking about something, but they were wrong. Wooyoung didn't think. Wooyoung didn't do anything besides the drinking and sitting and staring. His head was empty.

He didn't even have the urge to cry anymore. The alcohol numbed his senses and he loved it. Loved being careless and not feeling any emotion.

Although he got drunk every night, his mom never noticed anything. Wooyoung just wouldn't leave his room at daytime.

Only, when she was at work he would allow himself to use the toilet or eat a snack real quick. Then, he rushed back into his room and buried himself under his blanket.

Sometimes he cried when he got sober again. Sometimes he screamed into his pillow. Sometimes he hit the wall with his bare fists, letting bruises appear on his knuckles over the time.

This night, when he was drinking at the bar, he suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder.

It pulled him out of his daze and he immediately got mad at the person. Nobody was allowed to interrupt his drinking or even speak to him.

With an angry look on his face he turned around, already getting ready to yell at whoever was standing there.

"Oh my god, Wooyoung, it's really you", the person said, sounding genuinely surprised.

What?

The sudden voice seemed to pull him out of his drunken state for a second.

"Yunho?!", he said, clearly not being able to comprehend that he has just met his best friend in a bar. At night time. Drunk. After he had ignored him for weeks.

"Yes, it's me", Yunho said. "Wooyoung, what the fuck are you doing here? It's late at night, you're clearly drunk and you never answered my texts. Can you please fucking explain to me what's up with you?"