65

"Should I answer it?", San asked, looking at the other haphazardly.

Wooyoung nodded, but quickly added: "How did she even get your number?"

"We have a secret love affair."

A towel hit San's face.

"That's not funny, mister", the younger stated, acting as if he was angry, but quickly started to laugh with San until they couldn't stand the constant ringing of the older's phone anymore.

Sharing one last confused look, San accepted the call.

"Hi, San, is it you? Are you with Wooyoung? Are you together now?", a female voice yelled hysterically into the telephone receiver.

"Uhm, excuse me, miss? Are you the mother of Wooyoung?", San asked uncertainly.

The younger in front of him only lifted an eyebrow while having his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Oh, yes, sorry, San, I'm just still so agitated thinking about how you two ran away after we had dinner together."
She sounded out of breath, as if she had run a marathon.

"Why were you calling?", San asked, avoiding the topic of their runaway. When he thought about it, he felt embarrassment creep all over him. After all, it wasn't his idea, it was Wooyoung's.

But when the younger asked him so desperately to run away with him from his parents, he simply couldn't say no. He should start learning how to resist Wooyoung's puppy eyes.

Now, his parents were probably worried sick.

"I'm calling you because I can't reach my son. His phone is down or something. All I know is that he isn't answering me when I try to call him."

"He's with me right now, please don't worry, he's totally fine", San tried to assure her.

"Could you please bring him to talk to me? I need to explain something to him!"

"Miss, excuse me, but I think he still doesn't want to talk to you because of the way you reacted to his coming out...", he glanced over to the younger, who was rolling his eyes at his mom.

San had turned on the speaker of his phone, so Wooyoung could listen too.

"That's exactly what I have to talk about with him! I think he misunderstood me. Please, give him your phone, so that I can talk to him!"

After hearing his mom asking so desperately for him, Wooyoung huffed slightly, but stepped closer to the older's phone.

"Mom, calm down, San is taking good care of me. Be quick with your explanation, I'm busy", he said with an annoyed tone in his voice.

This was obviously a lie. The only thing, he was busy with was throwing himself at San.

"Oh my god, Honey, hi. How are you? I was so worried. You can't just run away like that and don't tell me where you're going!", she sounded very reproachful, which only made Wooyoung angrier.

He felt so misunderstood.

"Stop telling me what to do! You do that all the time. Even when it comes to my relationships-" San could see the younger having to swallow hardly to not burst into tears.

"I'm sorry, son. That wasn't my intention. Also, you didn't get my reaction right..."

"You said quote on quote "I knew it". I don't know anyone who would associate this with something positive", Wooyoung spat.

"Honey... It was my fault for wording it like this, but I really didn't mean it in a negative way. I don't have anything against your relationship with San. I don't care if you marry a woman or a man as long as you're happy. And even if I wouldn't accept it, then that would be my own problem, not yours. But there were so many signs that San and you are more than friends, that's why I said that I knew it. Please, Wooyoung, can you forgive me?"

For a whole minute, it was quiet in the bathroom. San didn't say anything because he thought that he shouldn't intervene in such an important conversation between a mother and his son. His task was to hold the phone and that was what he focused on.

Wooyoung, on the other hand, didn't say anything because he was torn between forgiving his mom and being happy that she accepted his decision and acting like a pubescent teenager just a little bit longer.

After a while though, he gave himself a push.

"Okay, mom."

He wasn't able to say more, but it was enough.

"Please come home now, Honey. Your dad and I miss you so much", his mom pleaded.

"Only if you tell me everything you know about Yeosang. I'm sure it is way more than you're trying to let us believe."

——————————-
This chapter is not overly cute or smutty or anything, but it is important for the story line:)