19: Acosmist

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."― Albert Einstein

Acosmist (n.): Traditionally those who teach or practice acosmism. Can be used to refer to someone who believes nothing exists.

Comment 😡

Adrianna's POV:

I was floating.

Floating inside the illusion of my dreams and nightmares. The blurred imagery danced in front of me, like lights that never touched me. I was warm, as if I was huddled into a fluffy blanket. I was flying, like Icarus, in the clear blues, with the wings of wax. The warmth of the sun was inviting. It wasn't smoldering as it should have been.

Yet I had a feeling that I would get burned if I flew too close.

And something told me I would enjoy it.

The sun was too tempting. I wanted to fly closer and sacrifice myself into it's scorching heat, like a moth seeking flame. I knew I would have to sacrifice my wings before I could reach the sun, burning myself into ashes- yet the temptation of it was too strong to ignore.

A slow burning sensation pooled in my stomach as I tried to shift my body. I was in hypnagogia. The realization dawned upon me slowly, it had been a dream.

Squinting, I opened my eyes, only to be greeted by darkness that was shadowed by faint light.

My body slowly became aware of the fact that it was too spent, too exhausted to function. I was aware of the faint throbbing sensation between my legs, along with that delicious pain. I was naked, the friction created by the blanket and the person's warm presence behind me was arousing.

A strong arm was wrapped around my torso, holding me ever so tightly. A shaky breath escaped me as the realization of the situation dawned upon me.