Chapter 5

Sam^

Lily

After a restless sleep I woke up a few hours later, still feeling exhausted. I looked around the room. The sun was now setting and the Asshole was asleep in his chair. I pushed the covers off of me and stood up slowly, trying not to wake him. I opened the door quietly and took a few tentative steps down the hall. There was no burning in my neck so I walked a little further. I found a staircase and traveled down to what looked like the main level. The staircase was large and winding and I ended up in a foyer of some kind with black and white tiles and a large crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I wandered through a dining room and living room until I found a kitchen. My stomach was howling at me now and I could not deny my hunger any longer.

"Hey Luna!" A voice called from behind me. I jumped and spun around nearly falling over until I saw Sam walking from the other side of where I came in from.

"So, you can handle being away from alpha now, huh?" He asked, walking closer to me. The last time I had seen him he turned into a giant wolf and I couldn't get the image out of my head. Instinctually, I started to back away from him. He noticed and stopped coming towards me.

"I'm sorry you had to find out that way. I really am. But I'd never hurt you."

He had a look of deep sadness on his face, like the idea that I thought he was dangerous was painful to him. I nodded at his words and he rounded the island.

"Do you want me to make something for you?" He asked as he opened the fridge.

"I don't recommend a sandwich." Another voice said from behind me. "She doesn't seem to like those." Asshole strode into the kitchen looking from Sam to me.

"Right, so it seems you can handle the distance now so I have things to attend to. Sam will stay here with you if you need anything ask him." He looks at me as if expecting a reply and, when he receives none, turns to leave the room. A moment later I hear the front door close and exhale the breath I have been holding. At least he's gone.

"So.... food?" Sam asks with a boyish grin and I can't help but give him a small smile in return.

"You don't like sandwiches?" He asks.

"A sandwich is fine. I just don't like them when HE gives them to me."

Sam nods in understanding and builds me a sandwich tower and gives me a can of soda to go with it. He makes his own plate and we eat quietly in comfortable silence.

"You must have a lot of questions." He says after awhile. I shrug and glance over at him.

"Not really." I answer.

"Really?" He says surprised.

"I'm sure I will eventually, but I don't even know what to ask right now." Sam nods again and we finish our food.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" He asks after we clean up.

"Not really. I just want to go back to bed." I don't know if the exhaustion is from recent events or the fact that I haven't been able to take my anti depressants and I'm sliding into a depressive episode, but I can barely keep my eyes open.

"OK. Let me show you to your room. Since you're ok now with distance from Alpha, he figured you'd want your own room for awhile instead of bunking with him."

"He figured right." I respond.

Sam leads me back up the staircase to a room a few doors down from where I had been staying. He opens the door and reveals a beautiful room with cream walls, a light blue and white intricate comforter with delicate flowers, a wood make up table with flowers carved all along the sides and a matching chair, a large dresser and a bay window with a small, padded seat and pillows that match the bed.