Epilogue

10 Years Later

Lily

"Lucas Samuel! You give your brother his gift right now!"

Our nine year old son handed his seven year old brother, Cole, his gift from under the Christmas tree.

"Mama, when are uncle Sam and aunt Sophie coming?" The sweet voice of my five year old daughter, Lilac, asked.

"You know uncle Sam, baby. He'll be here soon. He won't miss out on the cinnamon rolls your mama makes." Liam answers while throwing her in the air and catching her, making her precious little giggles echo through the room.

He walks over to me and kisses me gently on the temple before dropping to his knees and pressing a kiss to the large bump that is my belly.

Boy number three, lord help me.

"Where's my cinnamon rolls?!" We hear from the foyer.

Lucas pops his head up searching for a pair of brown eyes he seems very attached to.

"Where's Willow?" He asks excitedly.

"What am I chopped liver?" Sam asks, feigning hurt.

Lucas doesn't say anything, just watches him expectedly. Sam chuckles before mussing Lucas' hair.

"She's on her way in with her mom." Lucas heads towards the door to help them in.

"I'll bet money they're mates." Liam says smiling while sipping his hot cocoa.

"I would too." Sam says while wrapping me in a bear hug

"Merry Christmas, Luna. You look beautiful this morning. Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I chuckle and pat his cheek.

"Your pan of cinnamon rolls is in the oven staying warm." He smacks a wet sloppy kiss to my cheek and heads off towards to kitchen.

"Oof." I put a hand to my belly and feel another swift kick.

"Is it time?" Liam looks at me with panicked eyes.

Three times. He's done this three times and he still freaks out every time there's movement.

"Not yet," I chuckle. "Come feel." He presses a hand to my belly and the baby kicks again. I'll never tire of the look of awe and love every time he feels our babies move within me.

"I know you're anxious, Jack. But you need to stay in there for a little while longer." He whispers to my belly before pressing a kiss to it.

"Wyatt Liam! Don't you dare throw another snowball at your sister!" I hear Sophie yell from the foyer. I chuckle and go to greet her.

"Yeah! Or I'll kick your butt!" I hear Lucas call out.

"Lucas! Knock it off! Go carry those gifts into the living room!" I yell at my oldest son. He comes back into the house and his bright green eyes, his father's eyes, are shining bright with mischief. The way they always do around Willow.

"But mom! He was gonna hurt Willow!" I chuckle and run my fingers through his hair. He leans into my touch just like his dad.

"No he wasn't. Now shoo." I tell him warmly.

Sophie takes off her coat and hugs me carefully to avoid squishing my belly.

"How do you make pregnancy look so good? I looked like a whale with Juniper." Their three year old girl is the spitting image of Sam. I laugh at this and shake my head.

"Sophie you were gorgeous."

"Hell yeah you were, babe!" Sam says from the entryway.

He's got icing all over his chin and a large grin on his face.

"Already smashed those cinnamon rolls huh?" Sophie asks cocking her brow. Sam gets a sheepish smile on his face while I wet a washcloth to wipe his chin.

Some things never change.

"Let's open presents!" Lilac shouts.

Sam lifts her onto his shoulders and carries her into the living room where we all congregate for the mass chaos that's about to take place.

An hour later, wrapping paper and bows are strewn all throughout the living room, kids are opening toys and showing each other their new treasures. There are bright smiles and laughter all around. I lean back in Liam's arms where he's cradling me with both hands on my swollen belly. It's hard to believe next year we'll have another stocking hang.

"Alright kids! Who wants to help uncle Sam and I get the turkey out of the deep fryer?" A raucous round of cheers goes up and every child follows the two men onto the back patio where the fryer is like baby ducks follow their mom.

"At least they can't start the grass on fire with snow on the ground." I say to Sophie. She giggles and Liam pops his head back into the house.

"That was one time!" He yells defensively setting Sophie and I into a fit of laughter.

After dinner, the little ones have passed out on Sam's lap while the older children share toys and play new games. Sophie generously is tidying up my kitchen, since my feet are gigantic and swollen.

I can't help but think back on my first Christmas here, with just Sam and Liam. I was just falling in love with him after being so hurt, scared and confused. Now, I couldn't imagine life any other way. It's loud and hectic, but it's perfect.

And it's ours.

I snuggle back into Liam's arms as he holds me against his chest.

"Um, love?" Liam says from behind me.

"What?" I ask.

"I think your water just broke."

Well, here we go again.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading my story! I hope you enjoyed it! If you did, please consider following me or checking out my profile, I have other completed books as well!