Chapter 33

Lily

Waking up naked in Liam’s arms is the perfect way to start the day. He is fond of being woken up by my sucking his dick into my mouth and then riding him into oblivion.

Ok, fine. We both enjoy that. But today, we have plans.

The day to leave for the ball had arrived. Liam, Sam and I had been working hard to make sure everything for the pack was handled before we left. We finally arrived at the airport, only for Liam to drive to a little runway with its own small plane.

“What are we doing?” I ask.

“Taking the jet.” He says while giving me a cocky grin. My mouth drops as I look at the luxurious plane.

“The pack has a jet?” Liam shrugs as he carries our luggage to a man that lifts them onto the plane.

“Technically we share it with the pack next to us, but they aren’t going to the ball.”

“Why?”

“They weren’t invited.” This makes me frown as Liam takes my hand and leads me to the stairs of the plane.

“Why not?” He chuckles and cups my cheek before running his thumb along my bottom lip.

“Curious this morning, are we? They are a much smaller pack than ours and their Alpha isn’t as strong as me. Strength of numbers and Alpha is what gives you standing in this world. And we, my precious girl, are very high on the list. The Crimson pack, not so much. Although I still think Alpha Levi is a dick for not inviting them. They are still considered allies, but this Alpha is a little more old school way of thinking.” I nod as we clamber into the cabin of the plane.

It's color scheme of whites and beiges is soothing, the seats are large, plush and leather. There is a love seat as well as multiple single person seats. Liam speaks to the captain briefly before ushering me to a seat and sitting next to me. He buckles my seat belt and pulls it tight before doing his own and grabbing my hand.

“I told them we didn’t need a stewardess for such a short flight, but there’s a kitchen in the back with snacks and drinks if you want some after takeoff.” I nod again and continue my questioning.

“If Alpha Levi is old school, how will he feel about me being human?” I ask. Liam brings my hand to his mouth and places a kiss on the back of it.

“Werewolves having human mates is not a new concept, love. Granted, it’s more uncommon for an Alpha, and even more uncommon for the pairing to have a successful relationship, but it won’t bother him either way. There are some other packs, farther up north and more secluded from humans that do not like humans and think them lower than us. You will be able to tell which packs they are by their Luna’s walking behind them and rarely speaking. They are distasteful in more ways than just their dislike of humans. They also view women as the inferior sex. They are not loved or cared for like the women in our pack. They are used as servants and for breeding. Nothing more.” My mouth gapes at this horrific explanation.

“That’s disgusting.” Liam nods and looks at me.

“I agree with you, love. We are going to stay away from those packs, but if someone says something to you, I need you to not engage. It could be dangerous for you.” I nod in agreement.

“I also need you to not drink any alcohol. It will be special for wolves which means it is much more potent than what you’re used to. I need you sober and with your judgement. I also need to you to watch what you say. Even though every pack there is considered an ally, please don’t say anything about how we run our patrols, train our fighters and especially nothing about the bunkers. Understood?” He asks firmly.