Chapter 20

Lily

I woke to light streaming in through my bedroom window. I scrunched up my eyes and tried to burrow deeper into my comforter. I was incredibly warm, comfortable and I couldn’t stop myself from nuzzling my face into my soft pillow to try and find a comfortable position to fall back asleep.

That is until my pillow moved.

My head shot up and I saw a still sleeping Liam. Eyes closed with one arm under his head and the other wrapped tightly around me. My face had been nuzzling itself into his side and my leg was slung over his thigh. Even though I knew that I was not ready for this level of intimacy… he was damn comfortable, and I was tempted to go back to sleep. That thought was no longer necessary when I noticed his bright green eyes now trained on me.

“Good morning.” He smiled smugly at me. I pushed off of him and got into a sitting position.

“We must have fallen asleep during the movie.” I say dumbly because this situation is awkward as fuck.

“Mmhmm…” He hums. “Although I have to admit, I think that’s the best sleep I’ve ever had in my life.”

He stretches his arms and yawns before he looks back over at me. His eyes trail my body and instantly darken. I look down at myself. My t shirt somehow managed to ride both up and down, showing off my flat belly and exposing one boob nearly down to the nipple. I adjust my shirt quickly and hop out of bed.

“I’m taking a shower. Be ready to leave in half an hour.” I shout over my shoulder.

“Lock the door before my wolf tries to join you.” He says. I turn around to scowl at him, only to realize he is completely serious. I rush into the bathroom and lock the door behind me.

Better safe than mounted by a wolf in the bathroom.

Half an hour later, I enter the foyer to see Liam dressed in jeans and a cream cable knit sweater arguing with an obviously upset Sam.

“Luna…” He whines. “Alpha won’t let me go to Target with you today.” I giggle at his childish antics and nuzzle his cheek. I hear a little rumble from Liam’s chest, but give him a harsh glare to shush him.

“Why did Alpha say you couldn’t go to Target today, Sammy?”

“Because he needs me to train the fighters.” Sam answers, lowering his gaze and shuffling his feet.

“Well, that sounds like a pretty good reason, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah… but I’ve never been to Target before.” I gasp and look at Liam who just shrugs.

“Oh, you poor sweet child. How about this, you stay here and train the fighters like Liam says and we’ll bring you back a surprise.” Sam’s eyes widen in surprise and he bounces a little.

“Is this surprise something that can be consumed?” I chuckle and pat his cheek.

“Yes, we will bring you something tasty. Deal?” He nods and leans forward to kiss my cheek, which earns him a full growl from Liam. Sam only shoots him a dirty look before heading out the door.

“I love you, Luna.” He says as he walks by me, only to stop in front of Liam and point at him. “I don’t love you, Alpha.” I laugh as he exits the house and closes the door behind him.

“It’s hard to believe that after me, he’s the most lethal and well-trained wolf in this pack.” I laugh and grab my purse, following him out to the SUV.

“Yes, it really is.”

 Liam turns on the radio and hooks it up to Bluetooth on his phone, turning on a song that I love. I gasp and look at him.