new rivals

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓!"

Amaya smiled triumphantly down at Inari having her pinned down, "I finally got you down!" She beamed.

The two were sparring with their katanas, Amaya has been teaching Inari everything she knows to be a great swordsman. Inari picked up the skill pretty easily from constant training with Kiyoko, Amaya, or Amaya's grandma--who teaches all the kids in the clan about swordsmanship.

A month had already past since Inari's return and she has made a couple of new friends, like Naruto and Sakura, who she realized is pretty nice if you get to know her. Her speech as improved as well, she doesn't sound robot-ish at all anymore, but Hoshi still teases her from time to time, even though Inari beat him up. She was surprised by his braveness.

But Orochimaru taught her everything she knows, even the most earliest memories is him. The Hokage reminds her that he is not a good person but Inari can't believe it, she doesn't want to believe it. Sometimes when Itachi isn't on a mission of some sort Inari goes to the Uchiha compound and they talk for a while, she never will forget that it was basically him who saved her, and she will forever be grateful. 

Amaya offered Inari a hand up and she accepted it, "I was going easy on you." Inari said and set her katana on the floor. Inari tilted her head and blushed a bit, "I lied, you're pretty good."

In response Amaya blushed and chuckled softly, "I learned everything from Grammy. She's really good isn't she?" Inari nodded and smiled.

The two girls began to walk through the village. The sun was setting and the sky was an explosion of red, orange and yellow, a that made a nice orange hue, Inari couldn't stop looking at the sky.

The Konoha breeze kissed their sweating faces making Amaya close her eyes, "Do you think that I can be your best friend, and your rival?"

Inari turned to look at her, "You would be the best rival and friend someone could ask for."

Amaya's face turned a million times red and she fanned herself, "You always know how to make someone fluster." She giggled and pointed at a food shop, "Let's get some food."

"Two rice balls please!" Amaya held up the number 2 sign as she went on her tiptoes to grab the food from the shop owner, she paid her fee and they walked off. Amaya handed her a rice ball and began eating hers, "You know...todays mother's day and my mother isn't here, would you mind if I gave Lady Hanami a gift?" Her eyes drifted towards the ground as a light blush hit her face.

Amaya's mom died during the Third Great Shinobi War, her name was Ayano and she was was a young Jonin by the time she died. She gave birth to Amaya a few months before the War ensued and she really did love her.