twenty-six: chaos

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐈𝐓?"

"Inari?"

Her eyes slowly opened, she was in a white room, Inari sat up slowly and looked around, it was clear she was in a hospital room. Both of her arms were wrapped up in bandages with small spots of blood and her legs felt sore, the blinds were closed all the way so the daylight barely reached inside which she was glad about.

Inari put her hand on her head and winced at the throbbing pain up there, on the small bed stand, out of all the bouquets of flowers, she noticed a small vase and a pretty purple flower in it, Inari tilted her head and picked up the vase to examine it, there was no name or any tags on it, it was just there. She looked at her lap, her brother was sleeping on her legs, snoring softly. Inari couldn't help but smile a bit.

The doorknob clicked, Inari jumped a little bit and it was Hayase and Hoshi with a bag of takeout and Hayase with celebratory balloons.

Inari moved her leg and made Kiyoko wake up, he muttered and wiped the drool from the corner of his mouth, "The queen has arisen."He mumbled and sat back in his seat.

"You're awake." Hayase pointed out after setting the bags on the small table next to the bed, Hoshi smiled widely and went in for a hug, Inari was a bit stunned and awkwardly patted his back, "Thank goodness you're okay." He sat down and took a deep sigh, "Congrats on your advancement to the third exams!" Hoshi said with a closed eye smile, Hayase handed Inari the balloons and Inari smiled, "Thank you."

Hoshi leaned forward, "And guess what? I made it to the third exam too. So did your brother. Ain't that exiting?"

Inari laughed a bit, "It kind of is." Kiyoko sat up, "It really is! The Akashi Twins are going into the final Exams, we'll come out of this changed people!"

"You know. My dad is super proud of me. He gave me a super expensive watch as a gift, you know." He fed Inari a spoonful of soup, "Hayase, did you not make it in?" She swallowed the soup and turned to him, he nodded and rested his cheek on the palm of his hand, "Nah, I was beat. It's embarrassing."

"It's not good to beat yourself up, Hayase's opponent was a Sound Ninja and he was no joke! I wouldn't have beat him either." Inari looked at Kiyoko who shivered slightly, "Who was it?"

Before he could answer there was a soft knock on the door, they all looked at the door and a doctor appeared with a clipboard in one hand, she greeted her with a bow. "Good afternoon Lady Inari, I can see you're awake." She examined Inari's arms and legs and started scribbling stuff down, "You were out for 24 hours but you seem to be healing up pretty fast. Tomorrow is the day you'll be discharged and it'll just be a few tests and screenings then you'll be good to go."