HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍
見えない

It was Halloween night. Dressed up children giggled as they received delicious candies from smiling adults while holding a large bag.

"Aw man! This is my tenth raisin package in a row!" A small boy puffed his cheek as he observed his bag, "Your cauldron sucks! Mine has all the good things!" The girl laughed tauntingly, the boy groaned, "You're splitting that when we get back!"

A boy with eyes as clear as glass was surveying the street, he was put on duty to make sure this Halloween goes smoothly, him and a dozen others.

Bright red eyes followed the young boy with hopes to touch him again.

The moon was painted a bloody red and illuminated the dark sky. A pair of red eyes had been following the boy for quite some time, he felt it but he couldn't see her.

"Neji! How's the mission going so far!" A girl with eyes similar to him appeared. Her appearance struck her out as weak, she could barely talk straight. The boy named Neji nodded, "It's going good so far. But I can't shake off the feeling like I'm being watched." He shivered a bit, "Go on Hinata. Stay close to the children. That's our mission." He instructed her and put both his hands on her shoulders, Hinata nodded and walked off.

Neji began to walk again, so did she.

Blushing at the sight of him, "He's so beautiful..." She thought, her eyes softening more and more each second. He'd been ignoring her for weeks, and he's been acting strangely, so Inari decided to confront him.

The feeling of eyes on Neji quickly left him the second they appeared, it felt like a weird weight had been lifted off his shoulders, he sighed and continued surveillance.

"Inari? Is that you?" He looked around with a slightly sad look on his face, "Hi Neji." She whispered, but he ignored her again.

Her face saddened.

Why has he kept on ignoring her? Is he mad at her?

A child ran up to him and shoved their cauldron in his face, he bent down, "You've been trick or treating?" Neji asked and smiled a bit, the kid nodded excitedly,  her red eyes drifted away in shame, "I love sweets."  He laughed a bit, she then bit her bottom lip, "Do you hate me?" Her voice echoed in her head, hoping her mouth could open but it closed.

"I should get going. Go find your friends." He began to walk off, Inari walked behind him, she knew he could see her but she pretended she wasn't there.

"Neji... if only I could tell you how much I love you. Would you stop ignoring me then?" She asked herself and let out a soft sigh, brushing the few strands of black hair away from her face she continued to follow him but from a far distance.

He went to a shop, Inari's favorite shop where they would buy teriyaki sticks together. Her heart filled with warmth, "Maybe he's buying it as an apology gift for me?"  The corners of her eyes wrinkled, she could not stop smiling. Neji had two sticks in his hand and bought a bouquet of red roses, Inari covered her mouth to muffle her giggle, she squealed silently and hopped around.

They began to walk again, Neji was going in the direction of the Akashi complex but made a sharp turn. Inari was confused, of course but still followed him, maybe he was leading her to a secluded place.

But he walked into the graveyard, Inari followed him and tilted her head slightly, she followed him but hid behind a tall tombstone, she peaked over and saw him kneeling down in a respectful position, the teriyaki sticks and flowers rested right next to the tombstone. He lit two sticks and placed it on top of the stone.

Her face saddened, she wondered who he was grieving. Her heart started to ache, she put her hand close to her chest and walked over to Neji. His whole body was shaking, he was crying.

"Neji..." She bent down a bit to put a hand on his shoulder and got a glimpse of the name on the tombstone.

Her red orbs shrunk and she paused,

ɪɴᴀʀɪ ᴀᴋᴀꜱʜɪ

ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ꜱᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰʟʏ

"Oh my god. Neji?!" She wrapped her arms around him and wailed, "Neji can you hear me?! I'm right here! I'm here!" Her voice shook, she could feel him get goosebumps, "Inari? Are you here?" He turned around, facing her but their eyes didn't meet.

A crooked smile formed, "Yes! Neji I'm here! I'm in front of you!" She put her hands on his shoulders and tried to shake him. Her eyes scanned his tear stained face, snot ran down his nose and he made a long sniff, "Inari... I see you." His eyes widened and he caressed her cheek, she placed her hand on top of his and laughed out a stifled sob, "I love you, Neji."

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓