twenty-five: the blade and the arrow

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑!"

Hoshi exclaimed with a wide smile, he blinked and looked down with a more calmer face, "Just one step closer." He said to himself, this time, more quieter.

Team Six survived the Forest of Death, they came out completely bruised up and forever burdened with trauma they will never talk about but survived. And now are beginning the Preliminaries. If you lose the fight your out, but if you don't—you move a step closer to becoming a Chunin.

Inari was standing next to Hoshi and her brother. Her eyes were glued to the ground, they all stood together trying to not think about the Preliminaries.

"Hey...is that your old friend—Amaya over there?" Hoshi whispered, Inari's eyebrows raised and both Kiyoko and her lifted their heads up, she tilted her head and spotted Amaya and her teammates talking while leaning against the rail. Inari squeezed the rail and her eye twitched.

Kiyoko blinked, "I can't believe it. It's been forever." He glanced at Inari, a small frown was on her face and her eyebrows furrowed.

Inari rolled her eyes, "It would be best if her and I stay this far away from each other." Inari replied, "If I she got near me, I would probably kill her." Hoshi looked at Inari and sighed while smiling, Kiyoko let out a laugh, "Knowing my sister. She's probably not lying."

She glanced at him and smirked, before their attention turned to the Hokage.

The Third stood next to the coughing proctor who never had time to catch a breath, Inari glanced at the small scoreboard in the corner of the big arena, it had everyone's names in it, the names were about to be shown.

Everyone held their breath without realizing, waiting to see which names would appear and who would have to fight.

Inari turned her head towards the board and read the names

INARI AKASHI vs AMAYA AKASHI

Hoshi's eyebrows raised up, he turned to Inari who looked like she was about to break the railing with just one hand, "Good luck." He said with a small smile, Inari nodded at him and walked away.

Kiyoko smiled at Inari and punched her shoulder, "Founding Family for the win!" He exclaimed, Inari chuckled softly and they gave each other their Twin Fist Bump ritual.

"Inari Akashi, Amaya Akashi. Come to the center of the floor. We'll be starting momentarily."

Kiyomi-sensei smiled to herself and pumped her fists in the air, "Be cool, Inari. And make mama proud!" Her smile grew even wider and her eyes glistened with hope.