fourteen: selfish

- the picture above is how inari's ninja outfit looks like! -

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄?"

Amaya asked as she eventually caught up to her, she put a hand on her shoulder and Inari quickly snatched it back, "Out of no where you stopped talking to me... what did I do?" A worried look formed on Amaya's face once she held her hand close to her chest.

Inari sighed and stopped walking, "Hayase and Hoshi are waiting for me." She replied with a low voice and continued to walk again.

That's when Amaya decided she needed an explanation, she latched her hand onto Inari's wrist with a tight grip, so tight it almost left a bruise. Inari turned around and looked at her wrist, then at her friend, "Talk to me, please." She insisted.

"Are you actually serious right now?"

Amaya gasped softly and her eyes widened, "What do you mean?"

Kiyoko finally confessed to Inari that Amaya was leaving the village.

Inari snorted softly, "Why haven't I been talking to you?" She tilted her head and raised her eyebrows, Amaya was taken aback at her statement but she didn't answer.

Inari shook her head in shock, "You were able to tell Kiyoko how you really feel about me and now you have the gall to ask me why I won't talk to you? Are you joking? You're even leaving and didn't tell me!" She asked, her voice raising slightly.

"This is exactly what I was talking about." Amaya said softly.

Inari balled up her fist, "I ready to talk to you yet because I knew this is how you would act. Inari you always do this! You make it about yourself, or how you feel! Did you even stop to wonder how I was feeling? She was my grandma! And it was you that everyone came to coddle and take care of. It was you who was moping around for weeks! Sorry if I wanted to say how I feel. Going to the Rain Village is so I can reconnect with my family, that's where my distant family is."

Inari opened her mouth and closed it again, she looked down with her eyebrows furrowed.

Amaya looked at her for a moment and sighed, "You're selfish, Inari."

"You've changed, you only think for yourself now. Half of the people you were friends with, you pushed away. Even me, even your own brother! The one person in the world who actually understands how you feel and you push him away! You know how terrible that sounds?" Tears fell from Amaya's eyes, "The person I noticed you've pushed away the most? It's been Neji. He was there for you the most and you shut him out! Why?"