twenty-two: heaven and earth

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒."

Hoshi muttered as they stood at the entrance of a large gate, behind was a creepy huge forest. The forest reminded her of Orochimaru, in the forest is where she made friends with snakes. She smiled at that memory, she missed him a lot.

"Why are you smiling?" Hayase asked and raised his eyebrow, looking at his sister's smile while they stood in front of the 'Death Forest'.

"It reminded me of Orochimaru. We would always go to forests like these." Inari responded, still smiling. Hayase groaned and banged his fist on top of Inari's head, she frowned and put her hand on top of her head, "What did your brother say bout that?" He asked with an annoyed voice, Inari looked down, "That he won't be mentioned. Ever." She replied quietly.

He had a satisfied smile on his face and punched her shoulder, "You good?" Inari nodded, "Yeah."

"The forest looks like hundreds died in there." Hoshi mentioned with a slight disgusted look, "It's so ominous." He finished, Anko chuckled, "It should be, that's why they call it The Forest of Death and soon, you're going to find out why." She had a creepy grin on her face like she was sharing a horror story to a bunch of little kids.

Inari heard Naruto make some remarks back, saying how he's not afraid. She rolled down her sleeve and there popped out a little snake, she bent down and let it slither away, "What are you doing?" Hayase whispered, she stood up and looked back at him, "Just checking something..."

"I have something to hand to you all." She announced, pulling out a stack of papers, "It's just a standard consent form, before the test all of you will have to read over this form and sign it." Inari tilted her head. Consent for what? She wondered, "What's it for?" Kiyoko asked and Anko smiled, "Some of you may not come back alive and I'll need to have your consent to that possible risk otherwise it would be my responsibility." She answered while chuckling.

"Now, I'll explain what you'll do on this test." She handed the stack of papers to Naruto, "Hand these out." She told him, he did so, walking around, handing everyone a paper, "First, I'll give you all brief description of the practice field," She said pulling out a map, "The 44th battle training field zone has 44 locked entrance gates. There inside has rivers and the forest, in the center there is a tower located ten kilometers from each gate; in this confined area that you will undergo the survival test. This test consists of anything that goes throughout battle." She finished, putting away the map and pulling out two scrolls.

"To get your hands on your hands on these scrolls."

"Both of them?" Sasuke asked, Anko the nodded and answered with a yes, she placed the white and black scroll side by side, "A Heaven scroll and Earth scroll. Altogether 26 teams will be up against each other, so basically, half of those teams will be receiving a Heaven scroll and the other half will get a Earth scroll. I'll hand over one of those scrolls to each team." She explained, "Then how do we pass?" Hayase asked with crossed arms, "Your entire squad must bring both scrolls to the tower."