ten: dear old friend

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐈."

Kiyoko appeared and leaned against the wood bridge fence, Inari was staring at the orange and white koi fish swimming underneath the small bridge behind their estate.

"Don't call me that." Inari rolled her eyes with letting out a small groan, Kiyoko punched her arm and laughed, "No, seriously, we are twelve now and you still call me that." She threw her head back and looked at him while smiling.

He tilted his head and ruffled the top of Inari's head, Inari smacked his hands away, "It's been two years and I can still easily hop over you." He teased while poking her cheek, Inari frowned, "Anyways--"She leaned forward, changing the subject, "When is our lesson with Akane?" Inari asked, glancing at him.

Kiyoko shrugged, "I haven't seen her since..." he tapped his chin and his eyes moved around trying to think, "I haven't seen her at all today." His red eyes shifted to Inari, while she tilted his head, "So we aren't having sword lessons?"

"Do we even need it anymore? I think I'm pretty good but you are really good. It all seems so natural to you."

Inari snorted softly, "I am still not as good as I need to be," she admitted, a small gust of wind hit her face, "Well, Amaya didn't say anything about it. Maybe Akane just went somewhere or is doing stuff that old people do." He responded with a bored tone.

"She's not that old, Kiyoko." She rolled her eyes while laughing a bit, Inari leaned forward against the railing, reaching her hand out to touch the clear water, pausing, she pushed herself back up and turned to her brother, "Did you hear about Hoshi?" She asked while tilting her head.

Kiyoko raised an eyebrow, "What? Did he die or something?" He narrowed his eyes at her, Inari's eyes trailed off and she put her hands behind her back, "No....he has a girlfriend." He burst out laughing, "Please tell me this is another one of your shitty jokes." Kiyoko looked at her, reading her expression, her face said that she's being for real and he stopped laughing, "How do you know?"

Inari scoffed, "He said it to me in my face. Her name is Mei, she's a year younger." Both of Kiyoko's eyebrows raised and he rested his arms on the wooden railing, Inari laughed, "Hate that guy." Kiyoko stood up straight, "Hate him." He agreed, like he was finishing Inari's sentence.

He motioned for Inari to walk with him, she did, "Why can't you just track Akane with your Sekigan?" Inari asked, glancing at him, "I did, I can't trace her flow at all--she's probably far away." He responded while staring at the trees. Inari scrunched her nose, "So no one knows where she is?"