twenty-three: golden boy

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"..."

Hoshi's eyes slowly opened. His head ached, he winced and sat up after being slumped behind to a tree for an unknown period of time.

He slowly raised up his hand and touched the side of his head, he examined his fingers and saw blood, Hoshi stood up and grunted, it felt like he had been stabbed, he stopped halfway and lifted up his shirt. A massive bruise on the side of his stomach,probably bigger than his two hands together. His eyes squinted as he examined his surroundings. The only thing he saw was an array of tall forest trees, he looked up and saw a spot of the blue cloudy sky.

His mouth opened but then he closed it again, he knew it would be dumb to yell because that could alert   people he didn't want alerted.

Hoshi was abandoned, he didn't know where Inari or Hayase was. He ran his fingers through his brown hair and sighed, "What am I going to do?" He asked himself in a low whisper, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

Opening his ninja pouch, he grabbed a kunai-knife and began to walk. Silently, his golden eyes shifted around, keeping an eye out to see if anyone was
watching him.

He kept his kunai close to his chest, quietly reciting the things Kiyomi has taught them this past year—how to not get killed.

Sweat slowly rolled down his bruised forehead and swallowed the large lump stuck in his throat.

Hoshi felt like he walked miles in miles in the seemingly never-ending Forest of Death, his eyes closed as he tried to recall what happened before he was knocked out.

Inari gone...

Hayase gives me something—

ninjas...girl...

The rest was a blur, Kiyoko put his head up to his head and sighed, there was no time to think—Hoshi knew he couldn't think.

He had no clue what was happening, he didn't know if his teammates were dead or alive—Hoshi tried shaking his doubts, if anything—Hayase and Inari know how to handle themselves. But he was scared for himself, without his colleagues with him, he feels like an easy target.

Hoshi is a coward.

And he knows it.

All his life, he has always been a bit of a coward. He's not that smart, he has no special attributes to him, he comes from a wealthy family, he is easy on the eyes, he is well-known but not likable.