sixteen: inari's promise

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆..."

Daisuke muttered as they hopped over a large puddle, he looked around in disgust like he's never been outside before. He held onto Inari's ribbon tightly and closely trailed behind her, because of his slowness, Inari was a few feet behind the rest of her team- which really really annoyed her.

A twig snapped and Daisuke squealed like a little girl and hopped into Inari's arms, "W-What was that!?" He squeaked, Inari rolled her eyes, "It's probably a small animal. You're fine." She reassured him while he hopped out of her arms, he latched onto her arm and whimpered

She sighed and closed her eyes, "Are you really scared?" Daisuke looked at her and shook his head, "N-No I'm not!" He protested, Inari glanced at him and laughed a bit, "Then how did you get so far away?" She raised an eyebrow. 

"I snuck onto one of those wagons that sends food and stuff to other places, and it happened to arrive in Konoha. Pretty cool huh?" He looked at her with a cocky face, Inari ignored his comment and scrunched her nose, "Well...when you're with me. I'm gonna keep you safe. I promise." A relived expression washed over his face and he smiled. She felt his arms loosen and he let go of her arm.

They got caught up to the group and Hayase turned around and tapped Inari's shoulder, "Kiyomi-sensei said to keep a look-out, she feels like something isn't right." He said lowly with a serious expression, Inari nodded and her eyes scanned the area inconspicuously, so Daisuke wouldn't start worrying and getting loud.

"You're an Akashi, correct?" Daisuke asked, Inari looked at him and nodded, "Yes." She responded calmly, not knowing where this conversation was going too.

"Hah, you're apart of the Founding Family, I can tell by your eyes. I've seen my fair share of red eyed people but Akashi's stick out. They're more... vibrant--more captivating." He explained, Inari slowly raised an eyebrow and gave him a skeptical glance, "Yeah...?"

"Do you know how valuable Sekigan eyes are, especially one from the Founding Family? Someone sold our family one of your eyes before." He stopped her from walking and pointed at her eyes, "Someone very recently." His whispered, Inari's eyes widened and all of her arm hairs stood on its end, her fist balled up and shook as she resisted the urge to punch him in the face, in a flash her arms turned a bright red and she stared into his soul.

Did someone sell his family Akane's eyes? Was her body really sold to other people? Inari's heart was racing, she was trying so hard not to snap.

" I'm joking!" He laughed and put his hand on her shoulder, she glanced at his hand and then back at him, "I just wanted to see an Akashi's rage up close, I could see it in you. People say that Akashi's become uncontrollable when their Sekigan was activated." He threw his arms over his head, "You should wear contacts you know, anyone can spot eyes like yours from a mile away." He waved his hand around and walked off, lightly brushing past her.