twenty-eight: heart-ache

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I glued my eyes to the ground. I didn't want to bother looking at anything, or anyone. I just wanted to get out of there and go to the one place that I feel safe in the entire world.

If my father was still here, he would tell me to never let them win. But he's gone now, and I'm alone.

I only can tolerate Lord Hiashi sometimes, and sometimes I get angry.

I always feel angry. I'm angry that I'll always be seen as lesser than. As long as the mark on my forehead is there, I'll never be an equal. Sometimes I think that covering my forehead with a headband will make people forget that I'm apart of the lesser side—but I think it makes it more obvious that I am.

But that's always been my fate, to protect the main family. And that's all I'll ever be.

I was walking through the village, gazing at all the homes and shops stacked against each other.

I slipped past the large crowd huddled together in front of a shop and made my way to the small field of flowers, after all these years they never withered away, that I always go to. It's not far from home, but it's far enough.

I have very faint memories of a woman taking me there all the time when I was little, she looked a lot like me, I think she might've been my mom but I don't see her anymore. Every time I think of those memories, they're always good, it's nice to think about.

I stopped walking.

There was a shadow, it was there for only a quick second and it vanished. I tried to shake it off but it was there again.

It led me to a dead end alleyway, it hopped from the big garbage cans and over the fence.

I decided to follow it, I couldn't tell if it was a small person or some big animal but I wanted to find out.

I kept my distance, of course, and activated my Byakugan so I could follow it without them noticing. It was a person and it was a girl by the looks of it.

She was sitting on a large rock and looking down at a small stream, I deactivated my Byakugan and put my back against a large tree, I turned my head to look at her again.

I got a better look at her, she had big red piercing eyes that reminded me of a snakes sort of. She had a lot of hair, but it was unkept and messy. It was tied into a high ponytail and she had a long red ribbon tied around it. She was wearing a black and red kimono with a thin red outline of a symbol on the sleeve.