eighteen: guilty until proven innocent

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄."

Kiyoko commented while sipping tea, specifically talking about Inari's bruise underneath of her eye, her scratched up nose, and the bandage around her neck. After the mission, Kiyomi told Inari to take a few days off to heal. Inari didn't want to admit it, but she really did need the time off. 

Inari glanced at him for a moment and then finished her tea, "Don't you have some training to do?" She asked, setting her cup down and then got up.

Kiyoko took a long, quiet sip and set his cup down. "Hm. You're right." He got up and walked off.

She watched him leave and it started to rain. Loud lightning struck and the rain began to fall down even harder, "You always loved the rain."

Startled, Inari gasped and spun around, it was him. She squinted her eyes and her head tilted slightly. "What are you doing here? Why are you here?"

Inari couldn't make out his face, she could see what his body and hair looked like but it was his face she couldn't make out at all. Still.

He walked over to her and she smiled, "Is that really you?" She asked, her voice lowered but with a tone of relief to see him again. Deep in her mind, she knew she was just imagining him, but Inari was very close to him. Only he truly knows what she went through, and the thought of letting him go seemed impossible.

The boy didn't respond, he just looked out the window and sighed, "I saw that someone accused you of working with Lord Orochimaru. What are you going to do about it?" His head turned to her, she looked at him and closed her eyes, "I'm not all too sure..." Her red eyes shifted back to the large window and she looked at the dark clouds, small crooked white lines flashed in the distance and thunder followed after it. The loud patter of the rain could be heard over her roof, she sighed.

"Remember what Daisuke said? About the underground human trafficking system that most prestigious and rich families are apart of. He said that his dad was talking about it and that Akane's eyes were sold for a lot of money...something like that going on--wouldn't it be strange that a regular person who is a journalist found out about it?" Her eyes widened, it clicked, "That means he would have to have a source!"

Inari rushed over to her room, the boy quickly followed after her, "Where are you going?"

She opened the door and looked around, Inari got on her knees and searched the floor. Finding small pieces of ripped up paper scattered everywhere. "Come on...come on--" She muttered under her breath as her hands canvased the area.

"Here!" Inari picked up a piece of paper, it was the bottom of the article and under it was the author. She put the paper closer to her face and scanned it, "That's the guy! His name is...Masaru Kimura."