nine: pure daughter

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑."

Inari turned to Amaya with sad eyes, "I never wanted to be one." Amaya's face saddened, "I know... Inari, but this--this is your destiny and we all know you'll do great." She responded with a comforting smile and put a hand on her shoulder.

She smiled, "You sound just like him." Inari continued to smile as she looked at herself in the mirror that was in front of him.

Amaya raised an eyebrow, "You're talking about Neji, right?" She said with a mischievous grin, Inari turned her head to look at her, "How do you know that?" She asked, a bit surprised.

The pigtailed girl smirked, "Ever since you came back after running away. You talk about him all the time! It's obvious at this point! I know everything about him now!" She beamed.

Inari tilted her head and smiled softly, "Is that so..." She looked down but Amaya lifted her chin up to make her look at herself in the mirror.

"You look so pretty, Inari! The ceremony will go great. I promise!" She held her pinky finger out for Inari and Inari continued to smile as their pinkies linked together.

Amaya had a determined look on her face and she grinned, "After this, I'll get you all the rice balls you want."

Inari nodded and followed Amaya through the hallway.

Amaya wore a silky dark red kimono dress with sakura flowers running across her sleeves, her hair was braided into pigtails- of course but it was clearly more neat than usual and Kiyoko put a red flower in her hair as a gift for luck. Inari wore a white kimono with red flowers decorating the entire kimono, she had a red marking on her cheek which symbols in the Akashi clan- pureness.

Like Amaya, she had the clan symbol on the back but it was in red instead of black and was more bigger, her hair was put into a tight bun that had two decorative white and red hair sticks.

They made their way towards the maid and Amaya and Inari linked their pinkies before separating. Two maids took Amaya where the rest of the Akashi clan and other members of different families were and Inari was guided to where the Founding Family was.

The Akashi clan were on their knees and bowed at Inari's presence. Inari turned her head and saw Hanami and Kiyoko waiting for her, she noticed paintings behind them. The previous Pure Mothers.

Inari's painting stood next to her mothers and her mother's stood next to her grandmother, then her great grandmother, then her great great grandmother- Amaterasu; the Founding Mother.