20. What a Day

Chapter 20: What a Day

Two Weeks Later

*~~Alice POV~~*

"Chase move, I have to serve that customer." I said, a little annoyed with him.

Chase took the tray I was holding away from me and wrapped an arm around my waist, "Can I have a kiss first?"

"Nope, now give me back the tray. She's waiting you know."

Chase let out a chuckle, "You seem annoyed, are you still mad at me?"

I turned the other way and muttered, "Maybe." 

Chase's arm left my waist and I heard a thunk before Chase enveloped me with both arms. "How about we hit Baskin Robbins after our shifts? Well mostly mine, after all you're the manager, no one cares if you leave."

I faced him with a smile tugging my lips, "I'm not a kid, you know. You ate the last bits of the tiramisu, it was hard making that...shush don't make fun of me. And I may be the manager but Maria's working right now and would beg me not to leave." I spotted the tray in the counter beside us, so that was the thunk.

Chase brushed his lips against my cheek, "I am fully aware of the fact that you're a woman. Maria's a grown up, she'll get over it. Remember how you drank my last beer? This makes us even."

I huffed but I still wore a smile, "Move, the customer is waiting."

"One scoop of cookies and cream and another of chocolate chip cookie dough."

"It's a date." I gave Chase a peck.

"I'll just take this, table 6 right?" Jack smiled at us then left the kitchen.

"He's a nice guy, now where were we?" Chase closed in on me.

"I don't know, I think my business here is done."

"I wanted a kiss, not a cheap peck."

Before I got a chance to speak, I felt Chase's tongue stroking mine. I looped my arms around his neck and moaned into the kiss. I know we shouldn't be doing this while working, especially in the kitchen but I don't want to stop.

Chase lifted me up and I wrapped my legs against his waist. His crotch rubbed mine a bit which made me feel warm all over. Then he sat me down on the counter and my hands started running through his hair. My tongue mingled with his and I felt him groan into the kiss.

"Out, you two, the kitchen is already hot, we don't need you two heating the place up even more so."

I looked to see the head chef Antonio pointing his spatula at us; his stance was supposed to express his disapproval, but his facial expression indicated amusement.

Chase seemed to regain his breathing faster than me as he flashed a cheesy grin at Antonio, "I apologize, head chef, we'll leave right away."

When Chase and I left the kitchen, we stood behind the door for a bit. We glanced at each other and smiled.

"I'll be waiting." With one last kiss, Chase went back to work.

What a morning.

*~~Chase's POV~~*

"Are you happy?" I asked, as we took a seat.

"Very." Alice grinned, licking her ice cream.

I placed both of my elbows on the table, crossed my fingers, and hid my smile with my hands in front of me. F**k, she's adorable as hell. I know that a woman eating ice cream is sexy, but dang, Alice looks sexier than usual licking her ice cream away. Sexy and adorable as hell, that's my Alice.