21. The Event...Coming Soon

Chapter 21: The Event...Coming Soon

Two days later

*~~Chase's POV~~*

I sat up on the bed, amused by Alice's struggles.

"Hmmm, nope, can't wear this either." Alice takes off her shirt and throws it over her head.

"You should just let everyone see the lovebites."

Alice frowned at me, "No, I'm not into showing off hickeys."

I sighed and flopped down to bed, "Lovebites, not hickeys, lovebites." I felt a shirt on my face, I took it off my face, "You can always borrow one of my shirts."

"Believe me, I would, but they're too long. It'd look weird."

"I think you look sexy in my shirts, in this cute way. I can't describe it. You're sexy as hell, but adorable too."

I grinned when I heard her laugh. "Ah perfect." 

I looked up to see what's perfect, to see Alice wearing a tight-fitting white long sleeve, collared shirt.

"My shirt looks better."

Alice shook her head, smiling, "I know, now toss me my stockings."

"Oh, I like this one, roll them up nice and slow, so I could enjoy the view yeah?"

Alice put on a black skirt that reached her knee and then caught the stockings. "I'm running late, lucky you, you don't have any morning classes today."

"Hey I woke up with you, right? Besides I have a shift later."

"Oh how agonizing." Alice said, combing her hair. I saw her roll her eyes with a smile on her face from the mirror.

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you, baby."

Alice held the comb in her hair, turned my way, and stuck her tongue at me. I laughed, so freaking adorable.

She's right though, working at Darling Chainz is so much better than attending a boring class.

"All righty, I'm leaving, see you later." Alice gave me a peck and left.

~

"Pretty good, Chase. You're a fast learner." Jack commented as he observed my bartender skills.

I grinned at him, "You're a good teacher." 

Jack smiled, "Thank you. Maybe I'll let you start bartending on Darling Chain's anniversary."

"Oh when's that?" 

Jack gave me a glass to clean, "In two months, it's going to be a big event. But I can't really tell you what's going to happen. Only the managers and the people who are going to actually play a big role in the club know what's going to happen. The other workers might have a clue what's going to happen, but they won't really tell you, or Gavin, he's pretty new too."

"Oh...so Alice won't tell me?" 

"Nope, and don't even try to get it out of her."

I sighed and put the glass away. Jack flashed a grin, "Don't worry, you'll love it. Everyone does."

~

I strode into the college campus, for my afternoon class--just one with Alice. As I walked into the class, I found her tying her hair.

I slid in my seat next to her and gave her a kiss. "Afternoon, lovely."

Alice smiled at me, "Afternoon, how was your morning?"

"Darling Chainz wasn't that busy in the morning, so it was nice. Jack said my bartending skills were better now. He might even let me bartend on the day of Darling Chain's anniversary."

"That's great, Chase! I'm proud of you. We should have Yogurtland to celebrate, I'm paying shush don't say anything."

"That'd hurt my man pride though."

"No kisses for a week."

I sighed, "Fine, you're paying." I heard her muttering a yes and something about easy win, but couldn't say anything about it since the professor walked in.

~

"Would you two like to eat here or is this a to-go?" The Yogurtland cashier asked.

Aliced looked at me, "You want to eat here?" I shrugged, "Why not, there's empty seats over there."

Alice smiled at the cashier, "We'll eat here. Thank you."

"Why don't you ever get toppings?" I asked Alice as she paid for our cool treat.

"It doesn't allow me to savor the frozen yogurt as much as I'd like to." Alice said, taking a seat.

"That's bull." I muttered, digging in.

"Wait," Alice held up her frozen treat, "Cheers?"

I grinned at her foolishness but touched my cup to hers. "Cheers."

"So how many years?" I asked, making light conversation.

"Pardon?" Alice asked, with some frozen yogurt on her chin.

"Do you ever eat without getting food on your face?" I asked, but licked it away anyway.

Alice wiped the spot I licked with a napkin, "Do you always have to lick my food away?"

"Touche, someone's a little sassy today."

"You're rubbing off me." We both laughed at that and continued eating. "Darling Chain's anniversary, how many years?"

"Oh, this year will officially be Darling Chain's eighth year."

"Dang, and how old are you?"

Alice nudged her spoon at me, but answered, "Twenty-one."

"Dang, that young? Is that even allowed?"

"Well my brother, Jace, was the owner in name, but everyone else knew that the real owners were Sam, Jack, and me. But the paperwork has our names in it now."

"Did Jack tell you about the anniversary?"

"A little bit since the event is all a secret."

We continued to eat our frozen treat. I stopped with my spoon almost in my mouth, "What?" Alice was just staring at me.

"You're not going to try to pry it out of me? What the event will be about."

"Nah, Jack told me to not even try cause you won't tell me. He's a wise man, plus I'll respect it. You'll tell me if you want to, but until then, I'm fine."

Alice's lips were on mine in a second. I froze, in surprise, but kissed her back in a second. It was a sweet kiss, and not just because she tasted like frozen yogurt. It was just light, nice, and...just sweet.

The kiss ended and Alice sat back down. "Thank you."

~~~A/N~~~

Sorry, it's really boring, and short too, but it's a filler chapter. Filler chapters are boring...I'll make the event chapter long though, well at least I'll try to...

The event chapter won't be the next chapter, by the way, but it's coming soon~!