35. When Things Couldn't Possibly Get Worse...

Chapter 35: When Things Couldn't Possibly Get Worse...

*~~Chase's POV~~*

It's been a long two weeks since Jace left. Although I'm happier, I am willing to admit that I sort of miss Jace...okay not really.

However ever since Jace left, Darling Chainz has been really busy. Alice and I hardly see each other lately at home. The only time we share together is at college campus but Alice refuses to give desk sex another go since we nearly got caught. Pooh, what a bore I know. But that's not what's most important to me. I just miss the days where we lay in bed together and have our small talks, a cuddle here and there, taking a walk as we hold hands...you know, the good and simple stuff.

I let out a sigh as I count the wine stock and write the number down on my clipboard.

As soft arms round their way around my waist, I turn around to see Alice. I lean down and give her a kiss. "Hey there stranger."

Alice lets out a small laugh, I can tell she's tired by the bags under her eyes. I kiss her cheek, "You should head home."

"But I don't want to leave without you." She lets out a big yawn and I quirk an eyebrow at her. I pull on the strings of her work apron and hang it up. "Go home."

Alice rubs her eyes, "Maybe I should, but---" I cut her off with a kiss, "I think Jack is on a break, go have him drop you off."

Alice purses her lips before nodding and kissing me goodbye.

I instantly hated the cold rush of air that surrounded me as she left.

~

I opened the door to an empty living room. Figuring Alice must be sleeping, I walked into my bedroom and took a shower.

I let the warm water works its wonders as my tendons relaxed.

A scrub here, another there, bam I'm done in ten minutes.

My stomach grumbled once I got out of the shower.

As I walked into the living room heading for the kitchen, something stopped me in my tracks.

A sense of de ja vu washed over me.

Small murmurs and laughter came from Alice's room.

Jack dropped her off.

Take a deep breath, in and out. In and out. Nice and easy.

F**k that.

I rushed into her room to see Jack buttoning his shirt and Alice lying in her bed. Thankfully not naked but the fact that Jack is buttoning his shirt tells me more than I need to.

"I'll have my bags packed tonight."

My voice has both of them staring at me.

Alice gasped, "Chase, you have it all wrong." She started getting off the bed.

"Whatever you're thinking of is off," Jack started.

I rolled my eyes as I stormed to my room. I should think this over, maybe hear them out. But the feelings rushing through me are taking over my body and I'm not thinking rationally.

Once I finished shoving items into my duffel bag, I head out of the house. Begging and murmurs sound behind me but my legs are moving too fast to listen, add in the mess of emotions going through my head, and I'm deaf.

I started the engine and drove off the garage. My destination? Unknown.

~