13. Besties to the Rescue

Chapter 13: Besties to the Rescue

*~~Alice's POV~~*

I was hanging upside down on my sofa doing practically nothing...not even watching TV. Chase is not home, he went out with Conner or something. Next thing you know I heard a click. Chase surely can't be back that fast...maybe he forgot something. I shrugged and played with my dangling hair and waved my legs around. Trust me, I would be at Darling Chainz but both Sam and Jack kicked me out, claiming that I work too hard. Those bullies, I'm the manager too.

I lost my train of thought when I heard, "Alice, what the f**k are you doing." The voice didn't belong to Chase, no, the voice was too feminine to be Chase's voice.

Abigail's head pops up....or is it down....cause I'm hanging upside down...

I give her a sheepish smile, "Hi there."

She flashes a grin, "Hi yourself. Did you hear the news about the college lockers?"

"No, I don't think so." I got off the sofa, "Hey Jared. How'd you two come in? Didn't Chase lock the door?"

Abigail wore a huge grin, "Jared, my dear male cousin, knows how to pick-lock."

I stare at him with a smile and wide eyes, "What? It's always the innocent ones." Abigail and I burst into a fit of laughter, while Jared tries to come up with excuses of why he knows how to pick-lock.

I guess Jared gave up finding excuses when he said, "Well anyway, you know they sent a message to all the college students that the lockers are going to be removed, so get your items out asap. If not, your items will be with some professor."

I cocked my head, "What's bad about a professor holding our items for us?"

Abigail shook her head, "Silly woman, it's rather intruding. I mean the professor can look through your items, and you never know which professor is holding on to your items. What if the professor that is handling your items throws away your stuff, doesn't even take care of it, take the item(s), or give it to someone else? You never know. Also, it's a lot of items that the professors have to hold for the students, so it's annoying on their part."

I give a slight nod in understanding, "Oh....well that makes sense."

Abigail smiled and grabbed Jared, "I assumed that you wouldn't get the message, therefore we are here to save you."

Abigail links her elbow to Jared's and holds out her other elbow for me. I give out a small laugh before linking elbows with her. "Shall we go?"

~

I'm glad that I don't have that much items in my locker, just a few textbooks. I shove them all in my messenger bag then close my locker goodbye.

I bump into Chase with two textbooks under his arm.

"Darling Chainz." Chase greets me.

"Hi Chase." I greet back.

"You didn't answer your phone when I called you. Guess you found out about the locker thing anyway."

"Oh sorry, I think I left my phone on silent. Where's Conner?"

"Somewhere around. Oh there, look, he's over there. I guess, I'll see you at dinner, Alice." With that, Chase was gone. Well...that was kind of awkward.

Abigail and Jared come up to me, both have their arms full.

"Would you two like to keep your things in my bag?" I ask them.

Abigail declines, "Nah, we're just going to keep these in Jared's car. But take a few textbooks from me and Jared, yeah?"

I take a few and we walk to Jared's car and settle Abigail's and Jared's items in. Abigail and I sit in the back and Jared sits in the driver's seat.