14. Jared's Birthday Party

Chapter 14: Jared's Birthday Party

*~~Alice's POV~~*

"I'm ready to go to Jared's birthday party." I heard Chase say, although it kind of sounded like he was pouting.

"You've got his present?" I ask Chase, while rummaging through my bag, looking for a pen.

"What are you looking for?" I heard Chase ask over my shoulder.

"A pen to write Happy Birthday, Jared! and the To: Jared, From: Alice."

Chase sighed and tugged my waist, "Come on, I've already got that down. Let's go."

"Thank you, buckaroo. You're so kind."

"I know, I know."

"Do we have to go?" Chase whined, sitting behind the steering wheel.

I laughed, "Well yes. We're already here, come on, don't be a grouch. I don't even know what you have against Jared. He's a total sweetheart."

Chase huffed, "We can still go back."

I got out of the car and went to Chase's side. I removed the car key, and tugged his hand, "Come on, Chase. Let's go."

Chase groaned but came out of the car. We found ourselves on the doorstep. I pressed the doorbell and in a minute, Abigail tackled me in a hug.

"Even though I knew that you weren't going to miss Jared's birthday party, I'm so glad you came. Guess who else is inside." Abigail wiggled her eyebrows and turned Chase's way. "Well hello Chase. Nice to see you here, thank you for coming as well. It may not be a huge party, but you'll survive." I gaped at Abigail's words. "No hard feelings, I'm too harsh. But I'm still glad you came and Jared will be, too."

Chase smirked, "It's lovely to see you too, Abigail. Here's the presents. Put them in a nice spot for me, would you?"

Abigail grinned and took the presents, "I'm not a wench, but I'll let it slide. Come on in."

It really wasn't a huge party. Just a couple of friends and family. I saw Jared...with Miranda. Abigail and I shared a look. From the way Abigail was grinning and holding her thumbs up, I'll say that the two must have hit it off pretty well. Whoo, who would have known that Jared's the first one to be with someone from the three of us.

I was going to make my way to Jared to wish him and hug him, but I was held back.

"Chase?" I quirked an eyebrow at him. He seemed uncomfortable.

"You made me come to this party, so you're sticking with me." Aww...Chase was pouting.

I laughed, "Come with me then. I just want to wish and hug Jared happy birthday."

I heard a low hum from Chase, his pouting way of saying okay.

"Jared, you big boy! Happy Birthday!" I gave Jared a great big hug. Chase mumbled a happy birthday, I elbowed him...why is he so grumpy?

Jared smiled, "Thank you, both of you. Hope you're enjoying the party and thanks for coming."

I saw Jared and Miranda make eye contact. Then a full on blush made its way on both of their faces. Jared coughed, "Umm Alice and Chase, this is Miranda, my girlfriend. Miranda, this is Alice, a friend and Chase, a classmate."

Miranda let out a shy 'hello.' She's seems nice, perfect for Jared. But I didn't think he'd hook up with Miranda in one day...still...how sweet.

"I'm hungry." Chase grumbled as his head hit my shoulder. "Well, I'll see you two around. Mr. Grumpy here is hungry." I waved at both of them and Chase and I went to eat.