16. Picnic

Chapter 16: Picnic

*~~Chase's POV~~*

It's warm...really warm. I look down to see a sleeping Alice on my torso. Hmmm we're still on the sofa.

I grinned as last night's events caught up to me...Alice agreed to go out with me. I stroked Alice's hair and watched her sleep. Who cares if it's creepy, she looks beautiful.

This is nice...really nice.

I looked up at the clock to see it's 5:16. I woke up really early. I tried to get up...took a while, since I really didn't want Alice to wake up. I gathered her in my arms, carried Alice to her room, and laid her down on her bed. With a yawn, I joined her. Hugging her close to me.

~

Blinking my eyes, I see Alice staring up at me. My lips form a smile and I whisper, "Good morning."

Alice returns the smile and snuggles closer to me, "Good morning."

We just lie there, with silence between us. Not an awkward silence, more like soothing in a way. I feel great...really great.

"Not that I'm complaining or anything but what's with the silly grin?" Alice asks poking my cheek.

"You." I lean over and kiss her cheek. Alice lets out a light giggle.

"Let's go out today."  

Alice lets out a hum, humming her approval.

I get up, but Alice still lies in bed, staring up at me.

I smirk at her, "Aren't you going to get ready."

She lets out another hum.

I shake my head and sigh. I walk to her bathroom and fill the tub. I return to Alice's bed and scoop her into my arms.

As soon as I carry her into the bathroom, Alice tightens her grip on me. "Oh no, no, no please. I'll get ready, I promise."

Too late. I laugh at the sight in front of me. The view of Alice soaked is funny, but her shocked face is just priceless.

"It's cold...really, really cold."

"Shall I join you?" I ask, taking off my shirt.

...

Shouldn't have done that, now I'm locked out of her bathroom, sitting next to the door. With a laugh I get up and walk to my room. Still with a 'silly' grin on my face.

~

"Homemade banana bread, eggs, strawberry yogurt, and orange juice." Alice commented, observing the breakfast I made for her.

She grinned, "Are you truly trying to fatten me up?"

"Oh please, I'd eat three plates of what you have. Now eat, woman."

"Yes sire." Between bites, she asked, "So where are we going?"

"Places."

Alice gave me a spill-the-beans-please-look. I grinned and took a bite of a banana bread, "You'll see, I have it all planned out...if you don't mind. I'm sorry, did you have plans?"

She wiped her mouth, "No I don't mind. I'm glad you made plans."

I got up, took Alice's hand, and tugged her to the doorway.

"What about the dishes?"

"They'll be fine. No one's going to steal them."

~