6. Work

Chapter 6: Work

*~~Chase's POV~~*

Someone was knocking on the door and it seems Alice was still sleeping. With a groan, I pushed myself off my bed and opened the door.

"What the f**k are you doing here?" The intruder boomed. I yawned and blinked a couple of times. F**k! It's Sam...or is it Jack? Mole is near his eyes, so it's Sam. Sam pushed his way in and started calling Alice's name.

"Alice, what the f**k is going on here?" Why the hell is he overreacting? I rubbed my stomach...s**t, I'm not wearing a shirt!

Alice groans and enters the living room, and if matters couldn't get any worse, she's just wearing a shirt...am I screwed?

"Sam, why are you yelling?" Alice said with a yawn. "What time is it?"

I could see the vein twitching near Sam's jaw. "Well I came here to return your car, when he," Sam pointed at me then continued, "opened your door, shirtless. You want to explain?"

Alice rubbed her eyes, "Chase go put a shirt on, you should go to college. Sam, thank you for fixing my car, but there's nothing between me and Chase."

I was about to leave, to put a shirt on, when Sam stopped me, "Wait, stay right there." He turned to Alice, "Explain why he is here then."

Alice took a seat on the sofa, "He needs a place to live, I offered him to sleep here. Not everyone sleeps in pajamas, Sam. Now if you'll excuse me, my shift is going to start in an hour, so I'm going back to sleep."

Shift? Shouldn't she be going to college? "Alice, skipping your classes aren't good, especially since you're new."

She grinned at me, "Thanks for the advice, but I made sure to take only classes Monday through Thursday, smart pants. Now shoo." Alice turned to Sam, "This means you too. Ah forget it, I bet I couldn't sleep now, guess I'll just start my shift early."

Sam grumbled and left. I pointed at the door, to where Sam left, "He's your boyfriend?"

Alice laughed and shook her head, "Oh no, haha ex-boyfriend. It didn't really work out, because he's more like a brother, you know. The Morello twins and I have been together for quite some time now, they're my big overprotective brothers. Sam was just worried about me that's all, sorry if he scared you or something." She sent me a sweet smile then left to her room.

I nodded, even though Alice left. Now maybe I should go change too, I have like thirty minutes.

*~~Alice's POV~~*

Chase dropped me off to Darling Chainz, and whoo, was it crowded. Still, the place brings a smile on my face all the time.

"Good morning people." I sang as I entered. Some looked at me like who the hell are you and the others chanted back good morning, Alice!

I went to the kitchen and saw Jack cooking. "Hey Jack, you think Chase could work here?"

Jack replied, "Pass me the bread, please. And um, depends what time and what he wants to be. He'dhave to start as a waiter because bartending needs experience, or he can be a cook during restaurant hours."

I passed the bread, "Jack, I know that. I'm just asking if he can get a job here. Of course I won't let him be a bartender without experience."

Jack smiled, and tapped my nose. "He can be waiter or a cook and if he wants to be a bartender, I'll train him."

I hugged him, "Thanks Jack, I love you." I gave his cheek a kiss.

"Hey, I thought I was your favorite Morello." Sam said, walking into the kitchen.