04 | sadistic much

That night, Shoto arrives at his parents house, making his way to his room

That night, Shoto arrives at his parents house, making his way to his room. He doesn't want to talk to him after the stunt they pulled with the Bakugos and he feels as though he should start working on the cosmetics right away.

He sits at his desk, sighing. Today was not the day he had expected. Well, no one wants to have an engagement sprung on them, but when they are so blatantly against it?

Shoto tries to shake the thoughts from his head, mixing colors and designs on a paper. Katsuki let him keep a copy of the dress to match ideas and promised to send him a physical version soon.

"Purple, purple, purple," Shoto chants quietly to himself. "Purple... blue? Pink? Fuchsia?"

"There a reason you're spouting different colors?" Natsuo asks, entering Shoto's room. "Pretty colors, but kind of random."

"I have a project," Shoto says, hiding the papers.

"Mom and dad give it to you?"

"Self... assigned project. A partnership, actually."

"A partnership, ooh." Natsuo sits next to Shoto. "Oh! Speaking of partnerships, congratulations on your engagement."

Shoto's face drops. "Yeah, thanks."

"You... don't seem very happy," Natsuo points out.

"Oh, hey. That psychology degree is working great," Shoto says sarcastically before groaning. "I just met him today. Literally, today was the first time I've ever met him. I found out it's an arranged marriage, and then before we can completely shut it down, our parents decide to announce it on national TV."

"Oof" is Natsuo's response. It's quiet between the two brothers until Natsuo asks with a cheeky smile, "Is he cute?"

Shoto shoved his brother over, who just chuckles. "Yes, he's cute, but he constantly refers to me as an 'asshole'."

"Well," Natsuo drags out before laughing. "You're just a bit rough around the edges when you first meet someone, that's all. Warm up a bit, Frosty the Snowman."

"Leave my room," Shoto says, gesturing to the door. "I've got work to do."

"Make sure you leave time to plan that wedding of yours," Natsuo says, running out of the room before Shoto can hit him on the head with the pencil in his hand.

The two-toned male frowns at the paper in front of him. A wedding. He never thought he'd be twenty when he started planning a wedding. And twenty?! Who gets married and twenty. Well, plenty of people do, but his point still stands.

"Why so young?" Shoto asks himself quietly, pulling out his laptop. "Why do they want me to marry him at twenty? Why not at, say, twenty-five? Twenty-five is a beautiful number and a mature number and a number I'd want to be married at."