36 | engagement party for who

the plot progression is going to slow ; i'm spicing it up !! 😤

Katsuki snarls, his upper lip curling in a sneer. "Screw this."

He stomps across the party, ignoring the other guests, snatching Shoto's wrist. "Come with me."

Without actually giving him time to choose, he leads Shoto into a corner of the room, away and out of earshot from everyone else. "Explain."

"What are you talking about?" Shoto responds back with just as much emotion as Katsuki. His brows furrow, creasing his forehead. When Katsuki doesn't say anything, he huffs in annoyance. "Look, you've been sour all night. What is your problem?"

Katsuki clicks his tongue. "My problem? You're the one who's been slumming with Miss Fake Tits all time!"

"I'm gay!"

"I don't care! People change!"

Shoto laughs, exasperated. "Are you kidding me?! Do you not remember meeting her when she showed up?"

"I remember her approaching you and then you two disappear for a whole hour and then coming back to the party, that may I remind you is for us, and keeping to yourselves. Am I wrong?" Katsuki fumes, crossing his arms over his chest. He wants to be calm, he really does, but Shoto makes it so infuriatingly hard!

"You're the one who ditched us!"

"I did not!"

Shoto scoffs, holding his hand up in a gesture of "don't speak to me" and storms away

☆彡

three hours earlier...

"Why do we need a party?" Katsuki asks, looking over a file.

"An engagement party!" Mina cheers happily. She invited herself into his office thirty minutes earlier and has been sweet talking him into coming to the engagement party she's organized for him since. "Katsuki, everyone has engagement parties."

"I'm sure that's mainly for regular engagements," Katsuki laughs to himself, signing off on another form. He presses the intercom that connects him to his secretary. "I have the paperwork for Mr. Lee. And next time, don't let Mina in here."

"Yessir," Itsuka Kendo laughs from the other line.

"Come on. All you have to do is show up with Shoto- and the ring!- and look pretty. It's simple, really."

"Paparazzi?"

"At the door, but nothing more. You two did promise to show off the ring." Mina gives him a knowing stare, chewing slowly on a chip. "Want some?"