42 | finally, the wedding

it's gonna be a long* one because it's the final chapter 🥲

* i use that loosely ;; it's like 1.8k words

The show went exceptionally well

The show went exceptionally well. The crowd loved the new designs, winning them an award for the light purple tones that went well with everything. After the show, everyone boarded a plane to Australia for the wedding.

To say Katsuki is nervous is an understatement. He's absolutely terrified. Despite having spent the last six months with his soon-to-be husband, the idea of standing at the alter and waiting for him to show up or not is terrifying.

What if at the last second he decided not to marry him? What if his game was to make him fall in love with him and then break his heart? Maybe now that he's left his father's company, he doesn't feel a need to marry Katsuki anymore.

"What are you doing to me?" Katsuki groans, leaning against the wall. He feels a hand on a his shoulder, squeezing.

"You need to calm down," Eijiro laughs. "Shoto isn't going to leave you at the alter. He's proved himself to be a good guy, you know. We all assumed some bad things about him, but he's good. Even if he's late, he probably has a reason. Just calm down, okay?"

Katsuki nods, taking a few calming breaths. He looks at himself in the mirror, admiring the white suit he's dressed in. A red velvet tie lays against his chest, bringing out his eyes. Mina had styled his hair for him, adding a couple accessories.

"Am I handsome?" He asks to no one in particular.

"I'd steal you," Denki snickers. "Except that you've probably already fu-"

"Shut up, Pikachu," Katsuki scoffs, trying not to smile.

Denki gasps. "You didn't deny it! OMG, YOU'RE ALL GROWN UP!"

Katsuki just rolls his eyes, his nerves relaxed. Denki might be an idiot, but he's definitely an empath. He lightens tension all the time, and Katsuki is grateful to have him as a friend.

"Show time, Kat," Mina says, poking her head in. "And don't worry. Shoto is here."

"You told," he accuses Eijiro.

"I did no such thing," the redhead lies, his phone in his hand with the messaging app open to Mina's contact.

Katsuki shakes his nerves, leaving his waiting room and walking down to the alter. He scans the crowd of people, recognizing some people. Even Monoma is in the crowd, taking pictures here and there. Eijiro, Denki, Izuku and Hanta take their places beside Katsuki, in matching red suits.

The oceans laps the shore behind them, the sun shining down on them. It would be hot, if not for the sea breeze keeping the area at a comfortable temperature. Katsuki thought they'd all be stuck walking on sand, probably tripping, but the venue came with a piece of concrete underneath and sand dumped on top. A circle of vines serves as the alter, decorated with flowers.