29 | blowing up my phone

Three movies later, everyone is asleep

Three movies later, everyone is asleep. Everyone except for Izuku and Katsuki that is. They sneak their way into the balcony, enjoying the starry night sky.

"It's been a while," Izuku starts.

"I've seen you a couple times these past few months," Katsuki quips.

"But we haven't had a chance to talk like this," Izuku says, a playful air to his voice. "How have you been?"

"I'm good. You?"

"I'm good, too. Happy, too."

"I'm glad," Katsuki hums. "When was the last time we saw each other? Like actually hung out or whatever?"

"I think around fifth grade." Izuku and Katsuki watch a helicopter fly by. "After that, you started hanging out with Eijiro and I could tell you were done with me. Did you hate me?"

"I was just being a bitch," Katsuki laughs to himself. "I think I was just sad, a little angry. But, no, I didn't hate you. I still don't."

"That's nice," the greenette smiles. "But I wanted to apologize for calling off the engagement when I found out that you're-"

"Keep going with that sentence and I might start loathing you," Katsuki says, sending him a sharp gaze.

Izuku just laughs and shrugs. "Okay. But, uh, did you tell Shoto?"

"He knows something's up." Katsuki thinks back to yesterday morning when he got sick and accidentally bled on the bed. "I promised him an answer, but I don't know if I can give him one now. Maybe there are too many secrets between us." In a small voice he adds, "I don't think this is going to work out."

Izuku stares at Katsuki until he starts to feel uncomfortable.

"What?"

"Who the hell are you?" Izuku asks, his brows furrowed. "You cannot be the Bakugo Katsuki I know. That Kacchan is strong and brave, and he doesn't back down from a challenge. He sure as hell doesn't let some guy destroy his world. He is independent and he is feisty. Kacchan gets what he wants and doesn't let anyone knock him down. If something doesn't go his way, he gets up even stronger, and he never wallows. Ever."

Katsuki swallows the lump in his throat. "Sh-shut up, you nerd."

Katsuki phone rings, playing the ending part of 'A Story That Never Ends'. "Huh. It's Shoto."

start at 3:20 if you want to listen ^
btw this is my ult kpop group

"You going to answer?" Izuku asks curiously.

"I might've before, but I don't wallow, and I won't listen to his sob story." Katsuki declines the call, putting his phone on do not disturb.

"What are you going to do now?"

"I might ask Denki and Kyoka if I can crash here a night or two. Then I might stay with Mina a bit," Katsuki explains. "I don't want to burden anyone. I'll stop by my apartment when he's not there and grab the stuff from my office. I don't think I want to tell my parents just yet."

"Auntie and Uncle might call of the engagement," Izuku hums. "Do you want it called off?"

Katsuki freezes. Honestly, he hadn't thought that far ahead yet. He doesn't really want to marry Shoto anymore if he's out there practicing infidelity already. "I don't know."

Izuku nods, yawning behind his hand. "It's really early. We should probably sleep. We do have work in the morning."

"I'll be in there soon," Katsuki says, giving him a half smile. "It was... nice to talk to just you, again. Um, if you want, maybe we could hang out sometime soon?"

Izuku smiles so wholesomely, Katsuki's stomach does flips. Part of him remembers why he fell in love with the greenette all those years ago. "I would love to!"

The blond watches him disappear back into the house, slotting himself next his girlfriend.

Maybe, if he hadn't chose to be this way, that could've been him next Izuku. Or if his parents hadn't forced him and Shoto together, he could've still been with Eijiro, who he knows is loyal.

Sighing heavily, Katsuki stares at the night sky. What would have been like if he wasn't born into this life, into this family? He could be off somewhere, sleeping peacefully, and not thinking about his failing engagement. Furthermore, maybe he would actually be able to choose who he wanted to be with.

"All my friends are heathens take it slow," he whispers under his breath. "Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please, don't make any sudden moves. You don't know the half of the abuse."

Katsuki looks at his phone one last time, noting 48 missed calls and 83 messages from Shoto. He shrugs it off, making his way back into the apartment and laying next to Mina to sleep.

In the morning, he'll wake up and pretend like none of this ever happened.

--- TIME + POV CHANGE

"Did you do what I asked?"

"Of course. I dropped him off where you told me."

"Did he follow through?"

"He did."

"Did you send the picture to that fiancé of his?"

"Delivered and read."

"Good. Maybe this time he'll back down."

Shigaraki hangs up and takes one last look at the heterochromia boy before leaving the apartment. "Toga, you did well."

"He was so handsome!" She gushes and giggles. "Hey, if this plan works, can I have him? Oh, please? He's so gorgeous!"

"I don't care," Shigaraki says, sliding behind the driver's seat of his run down taxi. He starts the engine.

Toga hops in the passenger seat singing softly to herself. "We don't deal with outsiders very well. They say new comers have a certain smell. Yeah, trust issues not to mention. They say they can't smell your intentions~"

Inside, the hererochromia male sits against the headboard of the bed he usually shares with his fiancé, shaking violently. He feels disgusting, violated. Grabbing his phone, he debates with himself for who knows how long before he finally decides to call his fiancé. The call is declined, but he keeps trying, palms wiping the tears that fall.

"Please, Katsuki," he whispers, his voice breaking. "Please, answer me."

He collapses on the bed, tears falling down his face, the room echoing his broken sobs.

i promise the next chapter will be in shoto's pov ; you all have earned it :)

- tia