34 | the secret is out

before we start, AN IMPORTANT WARNING

this chapter will deal with human anatomy and physical gender identification ; if taking about what technically differentiates males and females during birth, this chapter is not for you.

that being said, i will post the secret at the top of the next chapter so my real time readers can't cheat ;) and don't worry because it's all about katsuki's secret

last thing, i researched this as much as i could and i've never seen this topic in a book before but i've always felt like it adds diversity to the character, so i know i am not trying to offend anyone

anyways, i hope you enjoy the long awaited reveal !!

tw// lime

Katsuki stares at Shoto, waiting for a reaction

Katsuki stares at Shoto, waiting for a reaction. Maybe he was overzealous. Maybe Shoto wasn't ready for that information, maybe not ever.

Shoto's face is completely blank. He can't read a thing. "So, what does that mean?"

Katsuki swallows. "It means that I was born with male and female parts. That's what a hermaphrodite is."

"So you have a-"

"Kind of."

"Show me," Shoto says, crawling closer to Katsuki.

Katsuki flushes beet red. "Absolutely not!"

"I'm about to marry you. I'll see you naked all the time. Show me." Shoto pulls at the waistband of Katsuki's pants, his fingers slipping past the elastic of his boxers as well.

"I'll just tell you!" Katsuki says a bit too loud, scrambling up to the headboard, away from Shoto. "I have true hermaphroditism, ovotesticular disorder. So sometimes I bleed. It's not like females that have a schedule, you know, once a month. It's really hit or miss."

"Is that why you were bleeding a couple weeks ago?" Shoto asks.

Katsuki's heart flutters. He's not rejecting him. "That's exactly why." He sits forward. "So, yes. I'm a hermaphrodite and an albino."

"You're completely rare," Shoto hums. "Can I ask... more personal questions?"

Katsuki swallows. Personal question mean a lot of things, but Shoto hasn't shown malicious intent.

There is no reason not to trust him.

"Go ahead."

"Izuku. He knows?"

Katsuki nods. "Yeah."

"How?"

"When we were young, my parents didn't decide for me what gender I would be at birth. But my mom wanted a little girl, so she would dress me up more feminine. I can't remember the exact specifics but either I got a crush on Deku or him on me, but then we were engaged. It was fine until I started to understand more about sexuality and decided I wanted to be a boy."

Katsuki stares at anything that isn't Shoto's face. "I told him about my hermaphroditism and he said he didn't want to marry me if I wasn't a girl. So, that's how we're ex-fiancés."

"So it's deeper than he just wasn't gay."

"Yeah."

"Second question?"

"Ask away."

"If you decided you were boy, why not get the surgery?"

He assumed Shoto would ask. "Like I said, my parents said I could decide my gender. I decided male, but they didn't want me to make hasty decisions. So, they told me to wait until I was eighteen for I decided to get surgery, if that's what I wanted. Don't ever repeat this, but my friends helped me except who I am. Though they thought it was just albinism, but I decided I was born a hermaphrodite, so I'm going to keep both parts."

"Are you fertile?" Shoto asks.

Katsuki gives him a deadpanned look. "No, I can not have your child."

"Worth a try," Shoto smiles cheekily.

They sit in a comfortable silence. Katsuki feels happy that he doesn't have to hide the secret anymore. Hallelujah.

Shoto grabs Katsuki's hand. "I want to kiss you."

"Then kiss me."

Katsuki waits for Shoto to crash into him, but he doesn't. "What're you waiting for?"

"Why won't you show me?" he asks softly. "Are you ashamed?"

Katsuki shakes his head. "I'm not ashamed..."

"Then?"

"I-" he falters. He doesn't know why he won't show Shoto. Is he ashamed? Or is he embarrassed? Or is it fear stopping him. "I just don't want to."

"I think you're beautiful," Shoto blurts out, inching closer and closer to the blond. He sits nose to nose, his heterochromia eyes boring into Katsuki's.

"You're phenomenal." He places a quick kiss against Katsuki's lips.

"You're smart." A kiss to his cheek.

"You're funny." A kiss against his ear lobe.

"You're a gorgeous hothead." A kiss on the side of his neck.

"You're so rare." A kiss on his Adam's apple.

Shoto stares him dead on, slipping his fingers under Katsuki's shirt and removing the fabric. "You have the beauty of a god."

He trails kisses down Katsuki's chest and abs, stopping at his waistband. Katsuki swallows hard as Shoto looks up at him. "You're perfect," he says, hooking his fingers on the elastic of Katsuki's bottoms again, slowly sliding them down.

Oh, what the hell. Katsuki lifts himself, allowing Shoto to slide his sweats and underwear off of him. He's completely exposed in front of Shoto.

The heterchromia kisses all around his body and continues to praise every part of him. It all gets to be so much, a tear slips down his face. Shoto notices smiling softly. "Katsuki, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone."

A sob escapes Katsuki's lips, as he pulls Shoto into him, capturing him in a hungry kiss. "I love you, too," he hiccups with a tiny laugh. "I love you so much."

"Don't anyone ever say you're not beautiful," Shoto growls, his eyes closed, his forehead pressed against Katsuki's. "Never."

"I promise," Katsuki whispers, kissing Shoto once again.

A feeling wells from his stomach, spreading through to his heart.

He is completely in love with Shoto Todoroki.

i would like to blame the lateness of this update on the face i lent my sister my phone case and couldn't comfortably write on my phone anymore

besides that, i hope you guys enjoyed the chapter ; lemme know if you've heard of hermaphroditism because honestly i'm curious

- tia
( stop trying to autocorrect my
name to yua !! who IS YUA?! )