32 | misunderstandings are the bane of existance

"In front of all of you?" Katsuki asks, looking at all the people sitting at the table

"In front of all of you?" Katsuki asks, looking at all the people sitting at the table. Pinky, Shitty Hair, Pikachu Knock-off, Spider-man Wannabe, Headphone Ears, Mochi Cheeks, Sonic 2.0, the Amphibian, and worst of all, Deku. Not that he hates Deku, but he's so nosy and such a people pleaser (even when he tries to help, he's perfect).

"Since that's the only way you'll talk," Izuku shrugs, taking a seat. He finds his arms over each other, looking at the two expectantly.

Katsuki gives him a dissatisfied look. "Guess I'll be living here, then. Is there a bathroom and kitchen?"

"He's right," said Tenya, looking between the two. "They deserve privacy. This is a sensitive topic."

"Tenya's right," Tsuyu agrees. "I saw an arcade in one of the rooms earlier."

"Ooh, arcade!" Mina claps happily, dragging Denki, Eijiro, Kyoka and Hanta with her. Ochaco grabs Tsuyu and Tenya, pointing a sharp look at Izuku.

"Izu, let's go."

"But-"

"Let's. Go." She stares him down until he begrudgingly stands from his seat. He slings arms over her shoulders, slotting his body right behind hers.

"I don't wanna go," he whines like a small child. He whines get farther and farther away until the only sound is music.

Katsuki and Shoto are left alone at the table. "We could just leave, you know."

Shoto gives him a look. "There are bouncers outside. I feel like Izuku would sick them on us."

Katsuki snorts. "He wouldn't dare."

Another round of silence falls on them, and Katsuki starts to feel awkward. What should he say? What is he supposed to say?

"Why have you been ignoring me?" Shoto asks in a small voice. At least he started the conversation.

"Why do you care?" He asks in return. No way is he sharing his feelings first.

"Because when you ignore me, it hurts," Shoto says, finally turning his body to face the blond. His left hand is pressed against the table and his right fisted against his knee. His eyes shine with unshed tears, his nose scrunched. All in all, he looks hurt. "I... I'm in love with you, Katsuki. I love you."

The words surprise Katsuki. He loves him? Since when? Did he realize this before or after sleeping with his side chick in his apartment? Katsuki turns his nose up. "Yeah, well, who do you love more? Me or your side chick?"

The look of shock is noticeable on Shoto's face. "You've read the article?"

"You know about the article?" Katsuki asks, his own look of shock probably a carbon copy of Shoto's.

"How could I not? But I didn't know you knew, too."

"Of course I knew! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you confront me?"