39 | stress producing

Shoto feels sick to his stomach

Shoto feels sick to his stomach. His own brother. His own brother stole his designs! The ride home was silent. Neither male said a word to the other. Even when they entered the house, they were silent. Nothing is spoken until the next day.

"We have to fix this," Katsuki says, chugging down coffee. "We've been completely screwed over and right before our own show!" He slams his fist on the table.

Shoto sips his own coffee, racking his brain for ideas. "We'll have to make new designs. I can't present the same designs."

"They're our designs!" Katsuki exclaims hysterically. Instantly, Shoto is up, arms wrapped around the hyperventilating blond.

"Don't," Katsuki says weakly, trying to push him off. "I'm... I'm mad at you. This is all your... fault. All... yours..."

Shoto slowly falls to the floor, holding Katsuki close to his chest. The blond sobs into his shirt, and even Shoto releases a couple tears himself.

"We can't cry about this," Shoto says, his voice wobbly. "You are Katsuki Bakugo. I am Shoto Todoroki. We don't cry about someone stealing a design. We make a new one and we make it better."

"How do we top that?" Katsuki rubs his eyes. "How do we top our best designs?"

"With friends."

☆彡

"NO!" Izuku shouts hysterically. "YOU'RE CRYING! MY BABIES!"

Shoto laughs lightly, inviting everyone in. "So, you know about the stolen designs?"

"May I suggest ski masks and baseball bats?" Mina asks innocently, batting her eyelashes.

"I'm with Pinky," Katsuki agrees.

"No ski masks and no baseball bats," Shoto declines. "We will settle this like adults. Underhandedly and in a professional manner."

"So, what're we going to do?" Eijiro asks. "They took the best designs we had. They took all of them."

"We'll need help," Shoto says. "This is bigger than just something me and Katsuki can make. We have a week to come up with new designs and make the pieces."

"I don't know anything about fashion," Denki says honestly. "I'll bring coffee?"

"Don't worry," Shoto says, leading everyone to a bulletin board with pictures and red string. "I have it all figured out."

"This looks like you solved a murder," Izuku quips.

"I prevented one. Maybe three," Shoto sadds flippantly, before deep diving into his explanation. "So, naturally Eijiro and Katsuki will do fashion. Mina and Tsuyu will help with the female outfits, and Hanta help with male outfits. I'll do palattes. Tenya and Izuku will help, and Kyoka can help with colors. Then, we'll combine what we have. Meanwhile, Denki will be our go between, exchanges information. Like a spy."