26 | how to forget what you've already read

Katsuki walks into the office building, feeling anxious

Katsuki walks into the office building, feeling anxious. He promised Shoto an explanation, but honesty, he doesn't know if he can truly give him one.

The whole ordeal weighs so heavily on his shoulders. He tries to convince his brain to trust Shoto, but every time he thinks that, it's as though his brain opens a filing cabinet called "Why we can't trust Todoroki Shoto" and pulls out the article "Todoroki's side lover?"

Sure, the article has come out and Katsuki hadn't addressed it with Shoto. But what's he supposed to do? Demand answers? He probably wouldn't get any unless he gave some, and there is no way he's giving his life secret for something so stupid as knowing who he sent those texts to. Plus, say those are all real, now Shoto has his secret and he's leaving him.

He'd rather kiss Izuku than do that.

So, he'll hold his secret close to his chest, maybe just forget the article even exists. If he forgets, then it's like it never happened, right? But how the hell is he supposed to forget? How does he forget an article that's used as ammunition against himself?

Maybe... maybe letting his secret out wouldn't be too bad. Even if Shoto exposed it (God forbid he does), Katsuki is firm in his life that they can't pull the rug from under his feet.

Who is he kidding? The Board of Directors would dump him from the company like yesterday's trash. He'd be forbidden from working at the company ever again, and most likely struggle to find a job elsewhere.

An exaggeration, you might think. It's natural. Katsuki didn't have any control over it. He's not his fault, but isn't it? It's what he chose, right? He chose to be this way.

It's the hormones talking. 100 percent just hormones. His brain is all messed up right now, and he can't process what he's supposed to be doing. Where is he right now?

Katsuki looks around the room, noticing he's on the third floor, which is in no way his floor. Some of the staff notice he's standing there, and one member approaches him.

"Good Morning, Mr. Bakugo." He bows, worry written on his face. "May I help you?"

"How did I get here?" Katsuki mumbles to himself. "What even is this floor?"

"This is where the clothing is sewn together, sir," the man relays, looking to his colleagues for help.

"Right," Katsuki says, sounding unsure of the answer. He's needs to focus on something other than Shoto. The half and half bastard has wormed his way into his thoughts, and now he's stuck in there. "Sorry I interrupted."

"Not at all, sir. Have a good day!"

"Yep," Katsuki sighs, slinking back to the elevator. When it opens, he says Mina and Eijiro discussing something. "Hi."

"Kat? What're you doing in this floor?" Eijiro asks, puzzled.

"Don't ask me." Katsuki yawns, pressing the correct button this time. He notices the coffee in Mina's hand and reaches for it. She shrugs and hands it to him, in which he downs it as quickly as possible. "This day already feels weird. Distract me."

"Did something happen?" Mina asks.

"Let me rephrase. Distract me with something nonsensical."

"I want to buy a new watch," Eijiro blurts out, looking at the black watch currently on his wrist. "Any recs?"

"I heard that-" Katsuki starts getting cut off by a phone call. He checks the caller ID, a look of dread attaching itself to his features.

Sighing, he accepts the call. "Hey, Shoto. What's up?"

"I got us a reservation at Periwinkle Iris."

"Why?"

"Because... I want to have dinner with you?"

Katsuki shoots a look at Mina and Eijiro. "Can we make it for more?"

"Like who?"

"Eijiro and Mina are coming, too. In fact, invite your friends and I'll invite mine. Make it for eleven."

"Actually, love. I want it to be just us."

"I don't. Change the reservation to eleven. Bye." Katsuki ends the call without hearing Shoto's argument. "Mina, Eijiro. You're joining me and Shoto, and a couple other friends at Periwinkle Iris for dinner. You're welcome."

The elevator door dings, and Katsuki steps out, finally on his own floor. He swiftly makes his way to his office where he runs into his own mother. "Oh. How lovely to see you."

"Katsuki, I haven't heard from you in months!" she huffs, being ushered into the office by her son. She collapses against the couch, smoothening out her dress. "What have you been doing?"

Katsuki shoots her a look. "My job. And figuring out how to deal with this engagement you've put me in."

"Dear," Mitsuki starts, her face pale. "You saw the article, didn't you? I can't believe Shoto would do something like that. If you want to call the engagement off, I would completely understand. I'm sure Rei would understand as well."

"I'm not calling the wedding off," Katsuki sighs, unbuttons his blazer and sitting in his seat. "Shoto and I are working hard to plan this wedding and a stupid article is not going to stop us."

"You're very brave. I would have called off the engagement."

Katsuki tries his best not to roll his eyes. "The wedding is still on. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do."

He logs into his computer, opening and responding to emails. It doesn't take him long to realize his mom is still sitting on the couch. He stops his tapping, turning to her with an unamused look. "Was there something else?"

"Have you set a date for the wedding?"

"I was thinking maybe around New Year's." Katsuki checks his calendar. "And it might be in-"

"Don't tell me!" She laughs softly. "I want to be surprised."

Katsuki just shrugs. "Whatever. Now, and I say this as politely as possible, please leave me alone."

Mitsuki purses her lips. "Alright. Have a nice day."

"Have a nice day," Katsuki chants back, lacking any real emotion.

i'm sorry guys ; this chapter was just NOT working with me and i even rewrote the whole thing

i hope it wasn't bad

- tia