Thirteen

Scarlett's birthday finally arrived and Edward was wanting to make the day memorable for her. Scarlett was taking a shower as everything is getting set up. He looked at the ring he held his hand and started thinking of what he would say to Scarlett. Edward wanted it to be how he has felt over the year. How she managed to make his life easy. "I figured it out."

"Edward?" He heard. "Can you bring me my clothes?"

"Of course." He replies as he grabbed Scarlett's clothes off the bed and took it to her. "Here you go, love.'

Scarlett kissed him before he walked out and started getting dressed. She had this feeling that he was up to something, but what could he be planning?
~~~
Scarlett was dressed and ready for today. She was excited that today was her birthday and she was also wondering what Edward had gotten her. She walked downstairs just to be tackled. "You can not come in here." Alice says. "We're still setting up."

"I got her." Edward says. "Let's go."

Scarlett was excited to see what Edward has planned for her. Joseph walked out with them. "Is he..."

"I'm spending time with Bella." He says. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks." She says as she got in the car.

Edward looked at his brother before getting in himself and driving off to the first gift. The house. "I hope you're excited for this because I have been doing some work to it. I promise you that you will love it."

"Edward, you didn't have to do whatever you got me. I promise that I'll be happy with whatever you decided to get me." She tells him.

"How did I get a down to earth mate?"

Scarlett shrugged as she doesn't have an answer. She was just lucky. "I guess we were lucky."

"Yeah."
~~~
Edward pulled up to a driveway that confused Scarlett. She went to ask him where they were going till she saw the house of her dreams. "You didn't." She asked.

"I knew you wanted it and I thought about it what if this could be our home." He says as Scarlett has tears in her eyes. "I see you planting flowers along side the house, us with a beautiful baby or more..."

"You want to adopt?"

"If it makes you happy, then yes."

Scarlett hugged him as this was the best gift. "Thank you." She tells him.

"There's more." He says. "Come on."

Scarlett followed him as she wondered what else this man did for her. She never asked for this kind of treatment, but Edward is doing everything he can to spoil her. When she walked in there was a box on the new couch. "Edward..."

"It's from your mother."

Scarlett walked up to the package and opened it. Edward watched her reaction to the dress as he got behind her. "My mother's dress." She said. "I wished she was here."

"I would love that too, baby." He says as she turned to see Edward on his knee. "From day one, you have never left my mind. Giving me the love and showing me that anything is possible." Scarlett smiled as she let a tear fall. "Now here we are a year in a half later."

"Edward..."

"I want you to be my wife. To be my forever."

"Oh, Edward." She says as she hugged him. "Yes."

Edward smiled as he slipped the ring on her finger and kissed her. "I love you, Scarlett Mia Jones."

"I love you, Edward Masen Cullen."
~~~
When they arrived back at home, everyone congratulated them. Scarlett smiled as she was hugged by everyone, minus Joseph. "I have everything I need for my birthday."

"And that is?" Rosalie asked.

"My family." She replies as Esme hugged her. "Thank you all for this day."

"It's us we should be thanking for making Edward happy." Carlisle says. "You are important to all of us and we are glad to have met you."

Scarlett smiled as she saw cake. They all followed her as she cut herself a piece. They house was filled with laughter as they talked about what they should do next and Scarlett was looking forward to seeing what is next for her and her family.