Five

It's been a month and there was a new student. A month since Scarlett's mother was put on life support. Standing in the room with the Cullens behind her as it was time. Scarlett grabbed her mother's hand and closed her eyes. Edward was shocked by what he was hearing and seeing.

"Mom,
You were always the one I looked up too. From the time you gave birth to me and watched me grow up. When I first got a scratch or when I got sick, you were there to make me better. These days have been the best moments even though you never saw it. I never left your side besides going to school. Now it's time for you to leave my side. It's time that I let you go. I love you."

Scarlett opened her eyes and started sobbing. Edward walked over and hugged her. He kissed her head making her smile. She wasn't alone.
~~~
After the services, Edward decided to take Scarlett out of town for a few days. He looked beside him to see Scarlett sound asleep. Scarlett was trying to be brave and Edward knew it, but he can hear her wanting to break. Edward saw it started raining and smiled as he pulled over.

Scarlett woke up and saw Edward opening her door. "Why did we stop?"

Edward held his hand out. "Dance with me."

Scarlett smiled as she took his hand and got out. The rain started pouring making Scarlett smile as Edward pulled her close. "You didn't have to."

"I know, but I want to see you smiling." He tells her. "I know it's been rough and it takes time to heal, but let me in, Scarlett. So I can help you."

Scarlett smiled as tears fell and kissed him. Edward smiled as he held her. She poured all her love to him in that kiss. He pulled away and looked at her. "Thank you for being there."

"I'll always be there for you." He said making her smile. Edward kept her in his arms as they stood by the car. They weren't dancing, but holding one another.