Two

Scarlett was up by six a.m. she fixed breakfast for her mother before taking a shower. She had a lot to do for the day. Go to school, show the Cullens around town some more, etc,. Scarlett got out and got dressed before looking at the time.

She walked to her mothers room with her book in hand and knocked. "Mom?"

"Yes."

"Breakfast is on the table." Scarlett tells her.

"Of course." She replies. Scarlett smiled as she left for school, but never once has she noticed the sadden look on her mother's face. Janet sighed as she didn't know how to tell her daughter that she was sick.
~~~
Everyone at the school smiled when Scarlett arrived. Edward saw his mate and smiled. Scarlett smiled and waved as she walked by everyone straight to the new students. "Hey, are you guys ready to get a tour today of the school and around town?" She asked.

"Of course." Edward replies.

Scarlett linked her arm with his and left as the others followed, but tried not to laugh. Edward and Scarlett on the other hand were enjoying the sparks between them. Scarlett smiled as they entered the school. "First we need to get your schedules and I'll show you the classes."

"That would be nice."

Rosalie was the quietest of them all. She kept think about how Scarlett was this nice and not curious of them. Edward heard her thoughts and gave her a pointed look. Rosalie doesn't understand how he was falling for a human. Even if she was a mate. "Is everything alright, Rosalie?"

"Yes." Rosalie replies as she took her schedule and looked at it.

Scarlett frowned at the blonde's reaction and looked at Edward. Edward saw the look and sighed.

"Can you stay right here?" Scarlett nodded as Edward walked out with his family. There was no one in the hallway as everyone was in class, but them. "Why are you trying to ruin this for me?"

"She's human."

"I don't care. Scarlett is my mate and nothing you say will change that." Edward tells her as he went to get Scarlett.
~~~
Scarlett smiled as she helped Jessica. "Scar?"

"Hmm."

"You and that Edward Cullen look real good together." Jessica said.

"Thanks Jess." She replies. "Here you go, Jessica."

"Thanks." She said as she left to catch up with Mike.

Scarlett sat back and started reading. Edward saw his mate reading instead of having lunch. He walked over to her to ask her if she wanted lunch. "Scarlett?"

She looked up and smiled. "Edward, hey, I thought you were at lunch."

"Well, I was, but you weren't there so I went looking for you." Edward tells her. "I came to the library and heard you and your friend."

Scarlett blushed and looked away from him. "You heard us." She said. Edward nodded making Scarlett buried her face in the book trying to hide the blush on her face. "I'm so sorry."

"Hey, it's fine." Edward replied.

"It's just that your the first person that has caught my attention. I'm the purest of everyone here. Never been kissed, never had a boyfriend, etc,."

"Why?" Edward asked as he sat down. "You are beautiful and down to earth."

"I guess I was waiting for my soulmate." Scarlett tells him. "I wanted to save myself for him only."

Edward was shocked. Scarlett was just like him. Pure. The two mates looked at each other. Brown eyes meeting golden eyes. Neither of them noticed one leaning in. As the two got close the bell rang causing the two to break apart. Scarlett blushed and stood up just for Edward to grab her arm. "Let me walk you to class."

Not trusting her voice, Scarlett nodded in reply.
~~~
By the end of the day, Scarlett was once again with the Cullens. Edward never left her side even after they almost kissed. Now was time for her to show them around more, which Edward offered to drive her around. "Sure, but you have to follow me home."

"Okay." He replies.

The two drove off not knowing about Alice's vision of Scarlett and him kissing by the end of the day.

Scarlett smiled when she walked in. Edward thought the place felt more of a home than his. "My mother should be here somewhere." Scarlett responds as she went looking just to see a note.

Went to the store. -mom

"Or not. Well Edward, I guess we should get this tour started." Scarlett replies.

Edward nodded and the two left. Scarlett showed them everything they needed to know. She never knew that they know the town, but it helped Edward get closer to his mate. By the end, Scarlett and Edward arrived back to her house. "Thanks for showing us around."

"Anytime."

Edward did the one thing he didn't want to rush himself into doing with her. He kissed her. Scarlett was shocked at first, but kissed back. They separated and smiled at one another before he walked away. She walked in smiling. "Wow."

Edward smiled as he enjoyed kissing her too. He knew there will be more later.