Three

It's been a month since the Cullens moved to Forks. A month since Edward and Scarlett last kissed. The two have gotten closer as did Scarlett and the others. Scarlett smiled as she arrived at school. Today she was going to visit the day care center and see if they need new things.

Edward walked over to her and kissed her head. "Hey." He tells her as she turned and kissed him. They haven't kissed in a month and Scarlett wanted to feel the sparks again. "I missed that."

"Same." She said. "Why didn't you continue too...."

"I thought I overstepped myself." He said.

"Edward, I love you." She tells him. Edward kissed her happy to hear those words.

"I love you, Scarlett."
~~~
Scarlett was working on an assignment as the others try to talk Edward into telling her. The reason why he hasn't kissed her because he was afraid that she would be afraid of them. Scarlett looked at them wondering what was going on causing Rosalie to look. She watched Scarlett leave upset. "Edward, she was crying."

"Why?"

"I don't know, but she looked over here..." Edward was already gone before Rosalie could finish her sentence.
~~~
Edward saw Scarlett in her car and walked to it. He knocked on the window causing her to look up. "What?"

"Scarlett, what's wrong?"

"Your hiding something from me and it hurts. I hate being lied to as I like to trust people. Edward, your hurting me by hiding whatever you are hiding." She tells him as she gets out of her car. "I meant what I said this morning. I really do love you, but if your going to continue hiding something from me than stay away cause I will not be hurt by this."

Edward felt his undead heart break. He never knew he was hurting her. The sweetest girl that he has ever known was losing her trust. He kissed her causing her to kiss back. He pulled back and wiped her tears away. "I will tell you everything. The reason why I haven't is because I'm scared to lose you."

"Whatever it is, Edward, I'm not scared of you. Your perfect the way you are." She tells him. "Let's go to my house and you can tell me there."

"Okay."
~~~
Scarlett laid in Edward's arms listening to him. "In 1918, the Spanish flu broke out in Chicago. My birth place. My father was the first to get sick, than my mother, and I was the last. The night Carlisle came to check on us, my father had passed and my mother was close to it. She asked Carlisle to give me a life that I solely deserved."

"She knew Carlisle was different." Edward nodded. "I'm not scared of you."

Edward smiled and kissed her head. They were going to be just fine. Now they just wait for Joseph's blood singer or mate.