Four

Scarlett smiled as she felt arms make their way around her making her look at him. Edward smiled at her as she smiled back. One glance out the window made her smile. Rain. Scarlett ran outside as Edward followed. He was confused as to what she was doing. "Scarlett, get back in here."

"Dance with me." She replies.

Edward looked at her surprised. "I don't dance."

Scarlett laughed as she dragged him out into the rain. "Your mother taught you how to dance before she passed. Now it's time for you to show me what you learn."

"I don't dance, Scarlett."

Scarlett gave him a look making him sigh knowing he won't win and he could never say no. He wrapped his arms around her waist and started dancing with her. Scarlett saw her mother watching them. Edward heard her thoughts and knew he must tell her because her mother is refusing to tell Scarlett about her having cancer. Right now, he didn't want to say nothing as he twirled her around. Nothing is going to ruin this moment.
~~~
Later that night, Scarlett was up reading when Edward came through her window. "Hey." She replied as she walked over to him. "Is there sometching bothering you."

"I shouldn't be the one to tell you, but your mother has been hiding something from you for a year now." He tells her. "She keeps thinking of ways to tell you, but she just can't bare to hurt you."

"What is she hiding Edward?"

"Your mother is dying." Scarlett looked at him shocked. "She has cancer."

"Oh my god." She said as she walked away from him. "That's why she's been going to more appointments." Edward watched as Scarlett paced her room. He ran to her as she had a break down. Her mother hid something so important from her that it made her feel like she wasn't loved.

"She loves you, Scarlett. She just couldn't see you in this state."

"What am I going to do?" She asked him.

"I don't know, but I'm here for you every step of the way." Edward tells her. "I promise."
~~~
The next day was rough for Scarlett. She watched her mother struggle with breathing and looking even weaker. She even called Carlisle who put her on life support. Edward sat with Scarlett as she looked at her mother. "I don't want her in this."

"Scarlett.."

"No, Edward. My mother wouldn't want that so tell Carlisle to unplug it."

"Just wait and see what happens first." Edward tells her.

Scarlett sighed and nodded. "Within a month if she is not off of this by then I want her off it so she can go peacefully."

"I will tell Carlisle that." Edward said as he kissed her. "Let's give her sometime alone."

"Okay." She replies as she kissed her mother's head before walking out with Edward. She knew that her mother wouldn't get better, but all she could do was pray. Pray that her mother passes away peacefully and not in pain. Scarlett felt lips on her head making her look at Edward and smiled. "I have you to pick me up. I love you, Edward."

"I will be here for you till the time comes." He promised. "I love you, Scarlett."