20

You quickly joined the group without disturbing anyone, and All Might was in the middle of explaining something. "It will essentially be like a race. You will be separated into groups. You will be racing through Field Gamma. It is just now that I have decided you will be separated into five groups. Four with four, and one with five now that young Y/N has decided to join us." A few of your classmates looked back, and instinctively you looked away. "Anyways, as I was saying, one at a time the groups will have to come towards a distress symbol sent by me. All understood? I will separate you guys into your groups now." I'm with Izuku, Four Eyes, Mina, and Sero? This should work out fine. "You will all start where we mentioned. Once the distress signal fires you may start." All Might and the other walked off leaving the group there. 

"So, how's it been at your internships and stuff?" Sero asked as he started stretching his arms and releasing a few pieces of tape.

"It was great!" Izuku spoke up, and stood up from fixing his shoes. "My quirk improved a lot."

"Oh cool. How about you Y/N? How was yours?"

"It was okay I guess."

"Did something happen?"

"No. I just didn't really like it. It was a waste of time." You started stretching, "Good luck."

You heard the fainted sound of something firing, and looked over to see the distress smoke. Without another word you launched yourself off the platform and started to move. I should be fine if I use two percent. When you looked over Izuku was right next to you and passed you. Woah, he wasn't kidding when he said he was trying. Guess I'll have to do five percent. You managed to match is pace, and stopped when you heard him let out a little yell followed by clanking metal ascending downwards. You quickly stopped and dropped down by him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks Y/N." You held out your hand and helped him up.

"Wait, this is a race though! You shouldn't have-"

"It's fine. It's just training." You grabbed onto the metal and climbed up. I can beat Sero. I know I can, but if I increase the percentage more then I'll snap my own bones. My body can't handle that. When you landed at the platform where the smoke was coming down you fell over and rolled a few feet. "Dang it." You whimpered quietly before standing up and seeing there were more small holes by your knees and elbows. They were all scraped, but it was bound to happen with a fall as messy as that. Oops, I hope Mr. Aizawa isn't mad I got holes in the gym uniform. You looked over to see Sero wearing a sash and smiling. You walked up and put your hand on his shoulder. "Man, I thought I had you. Good job though low budget spidey."

"Thanks Midoriya. Honestly I got nervous because you were catching up really fast even after stopping. You're really quick."

"Haha thanks." You smiled and walked over towards the others. All Might walked over to Izuku right when you were about to go over there, so you stopped and just stayed in the general area to wait and talk to him after.

"Good job young Midoriya. You really improved a lot. I'm proud." You looked back a bit to see All Might giving Izuku and thumbs up. You got a sudden wave of a weird emotion you tried not to focus on, and decided to walk away. It's not important. It can wait.

Everyone else did their turns, and then you all went to get changed. You were standing at the locker when you heard Jiro sigh. "What's wrong?" You asked, and looked over your shoulder while you held your shirt in your hands. You noticed her earphone jack was in the wall.

"Mineta. He found a hole in the wall. I can hear it. He's talking to everyone else about how the previous generations have left them a gift."

"Oh." You sighed, and turned around. "That's what the little hole is."