26

You turned to the door with your eyes wide. Once Izuku saw you he immediately ran over without even shutting the door. His arms wrapped around you with a  squeeze. It was warm, and you weren't alone and finally with someone who sort of understood in a way. "I'm so glad you're okay." You rested your head between his shoulder and neck, and he did the same. "I thought I would never see you again." He sounded happy but sad and the tears staining your shirt made your heartache as you just laid there waiting for him to spill his guts out. He just held onto you for a while before finally starting just as you predicted. "I was so scared. I don't know what I would do without you. I don't know how I didn't notice- and I'm- I'm so sorry Y/N."

You laughed a little before trying to get him to calm down by patting his back awkwardly. "I'm okay. It's not your fault. I moved before I could think, and I'm glad you didn't because if you did we all probably wouldn't have gotten out of there."

"It's all my fault. I should've been more careful and I should've looked out for you more."

"It's nobody's fault but the villains that started it."

"You don't get it. I acted out when I realized you were gone. I did things I shouldn't have. It didn't matter how I reacted it didn't change anything." You stopped and just listened. It sounded familiar. The cracks in the voice and the helplessness sound that ran interconnecting between the words. The urge to want to do everything but knowing nothing would work no matter how much effort you put in. "I hit Kacchan! I blamed it on him because I had nothing and nobody else to blame it on!" You couldn't help but hug him a little tighter. So that's how he got his black eye. "The others tried to stop me but I hit him again! He didn't hit me back either! He looked just as broke as I was but he acted like it wasn't a big deal!" He was squeezing you so hard that you had to use your elbows to give you room to breathe.

"Izuku it's okay. I'm here, aren't I? Please, relax." He started shaking as he spoke.

"He was just as broke as I was if not more. Not that it mattered because I blamed it all on him. I was just so mad and  sad, and I couldn't control my emotions."

"It's okay." You ruffled his hair before attempting to let go of the hug but he didn't let you. "I'm sure he understands."

"How?"

"He gets way more irrational than normal when he gets upset like that too. I do the same thing. Trust me I do get it. Not for the exact same reason but I understand."

"I shouldn't have done that though."

"Well did you apologize?" 

"I tried to. When they brought you into the hospital we were both there. I tried to talk to him but he just kept turning away from me. I didn't even get to see his face. He ignored me too. Granted, it probably wasn't the best time but still."

"Don't sweat it. Just tell him it's payback for beating us up when we were little. Well, beating you up."

He forced himself to laugh a little before finally letting go. "I'm just so happy you're okay. I was so scared."

"Me too. Has Mr.Aizawa told the class yet or anything?"

"I don't know. To be honest, I haven't really been listening or anything, and the first time I answered my phone was when I saw your name on the screen."

"I should've been more careful, sorry." You inhaled deeply before letting it out and resting your head on his shoulder. "I don't know if I could have handled losing him a second time right in front of me though. I wasn't going to make the same mistake of saving myself instead of him again."

"I need to be more aware instead of just focusing on one objective. It could end up hurting those around me. I know how you felt though, and what it's like to start blaming yourself." He sat there while you just leaned on him, "He's not here."