23

You woke up, and just by the way Aizawa sounded you could tell it was going to be a bad day. He had started a lot of others on their training, and you stood next to Izuku. You rubbed your eyes and yawned, but the five of your classmates that had the extra training really looked dead. Kirishima was being held up by Aizawa's scarf, and Sato, Mina, Sero, and Kaminari were all slumped over with bags under their eyes.

"You all can go faster. Don't forget who you were before you came to UA. You've been improving, yes, but you still have a long way to go. Stop questioning why you're sweating and why your limits are being tested. That's what it means to improve." Who I was before I came to UA? You wiped the sweat from your eyes and continued the same exercises as Izuku.

Suddenly he ran up, "Hey Mr.Aizawa. Is All Might- I mean the other heroes going to be joining us? It's the third day of camp."

You tried to avoid eye contact with Tiger as you looked over to Izuku. Lucky, taking a break. "Weren't you listening? Stay focused. No, they won't All Might especially. To keep where we are a secret from villains hardly anyone knows where we are. That's what he gets for standing out so much for better or for worse. Get back to training."

"Meow meow meow meow. Anyways tonight's gonna be fun!" You looked over at Pixie-Bob with sweat dripping down your face. "We're going to be putting classes against each other in the test of courage! I know you've been training hard today, and later you'll get to play hard! How's that for a reward?!" She threw her hands up into the air and started laughing. 

"It just sounds like more training." You managed to slip away when Tiger looked over at Pixie-Bob. You stood behind Kendo and Jiro.

"Yeah, no kidding. Training in the dark no less." Jiro looked over and noticed you, "Oh, what are you doing here Midoriya?"

"Trying to catch a break. Let's just hope the night training is at least fun a little bit." You huffed and puffed trying to catch your breath. 

"That doesn't mean slack off! Push yourself to be the best you can!" She threw her hands up again and started laughing.

You looked over and saw Tiger looming over Izuku before Izuku ran back and he looked over at you. Shit. "Jiro, help me." 

"You! You aren't plus ultra! Go work your ass off! No slacking! If you get caught slacking one more time you'll be spending time in extra lessons!" He pointed, and his eyes might as well have been red as he stood over you. A chill went down yours and Jiro's spine before you took one for the team and ran back over.

Finally, training was over, but you got so pleasantly reminded that you guys had to make your own dinner. You took a spot by Bakugo to cut up fish and vegetables. You were silently cutting until you noticed he sped up. "Wow Bakugo, you're really good with that knife! It's weird..." Uraraka commented as she passed with vegetables.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S WEIRD?! HOW CAN YOU EXTRAS BE SO DAMN BAD AT EVERYTHING?!"

"Why don't you give people a chance to catch up to your "skill" You put up air quotes with your fingers before going back to chopping with a small laugh.

"At least he's not blowing stuff up." Kaminari scoffed, and you gave him a low landed high five as he passed.

Poor Kirishima turned away and obviously sighed. You could hear him mumbling, "I don't have the energy for this." 

"Hey Katsuki, do you remember that little boy from earlier? Kota?" You asked.

"What about 'em?" 

"You know he hates heroes? Actually the whole society and stuff. Izuku tried to talk to him about it, but it was sad. His parents were those Water Hose Heroes from that one incident." He grumbled to show that he was listening, "I don't know. It just feels like something's off I guess." You shrugged.